Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Ody Touring. My wife always touches the parking sensor button by mistake when she pushes the power tailgate button. Can that button be moved to the spare next to it?

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
You should be able to pop it out, pop out the blank next to it and swap the two. That's how it was in the prior gen. Post an picture and we can tell for sure.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would need 2 small blanks to move it to the right.

Attachments

·
Registered
786 Posts
Switching it is not going to be as easy as the 3rd Gen. In fact I would think it would just be easier to get used to it being where it is. Since they aren't the same size, I wouldn't think it would be worth trying to move it. What I suppose you could try and do is move it, but use a different size button that would fit the larger blank, but it wouldn't be labeled the same.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So Cntrtwnltd do you think that Honda does not have small blanks? I guess it is some thing I could ask the parts dept about.

·
Registered
359 Posts
probably no small blanks. On non-Tourings, the power gate button is one big button, I found this pic online:

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
Bummer. I agree with Cntrtwnltd and SteveV. Since Honda is sharing the big section for two buttons, I wouldn't be surprised if the back housing of the buttons is a single thing so both buttons come out together and go back in together. I think OP's wife's gonna have to learn to use the buttons by paying attention. :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
alternately, get the appropriate power tailgate button from an EX-L, and the parking sensor button from an older gen touring, and swap them.

plugs on the back should be the same

·
Registered
786 Posts
alternately, get the appropriate power tailgate button from an EX-L, and the parking sensor button from an older gen touring, and swap them.

I think DV meant the wiring harnesses would probably have been grouped together into single plug and therefore splitting them would not be an option. Also, I might be wrong, but the buttons don't look as though they are the same size as the last gen. This reminds me of the people who thought getting 3 zone automatic climate contol in a 3rd gen was as simple as un-plugging the rear control panel and swapping it with a Tourings. (It proved to be much more involved) Honda isn't exactly known for making things like this easy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I had an 06 Touring and still have the brochure. If the buttons are still the same size and the connectors are still the same it may work. Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts