Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Just purchased 2012 Touring (US). Like it so far.

When the parking sensors sense something in the way, an icon appears in the NAV display, and the orange car symbol in the top middle of the dash display shows up with an icon, this is all good.

However, the manual shows that the car symbol at the bottom middle of the dash should show which parking sensors have activated. Mine doesn't, and I thought that it did used to, but maybe I'm losing my mind.

I'd be grateful if another Touring or Touring Elite owner would check and see what that bottom car symbol shows.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I'll double check tomorrow, but from memory, I thought it just showed which sensors activated on the navi screen.

By the other display, do you mean the iMID between the tackometer and the speedometer?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll double check tomorrow, but from memory, I thought it just showed which sensors activated on the navi screen.

By the other display, do you mean the iMID between the tackometer and the speedometer?
Hi PhilZJ.

There are two 'displays' between the tackometer and the speedometer, one at the top which goes orange and shows a picture of a car and then what corner the parking sensors are sensing an object at, that display works ok, but there is another picture of a car at the bottom between the tackometer and the speedometer, it has red lights indicating what doors are open, it's that display that I'm questioning. Does that bottom display also show parking sensor activity?

Thanks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The bottom display that shows if a door or tailgate is open, is just for that not the parking sensors. The display at the top that is orange is for the parking sensors

·
Registered
150 Posts
The bottom display that shows if a door or tailgate is open, is just for that not the parking sensors. The display at the top that is orange is for the parking sensors
Agree 100%

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I may know why this is confusing. The one at the bottom will actually display the relevant parking sensor indicators in the Canadian EX-L model, which comes with parking sensors from the factory but no fancy Multi-Information display, like the Tourings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts