Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parrot Bluetooth Integration with Factory Navigation & DVD - Speaker Muting Question

I have a 2007 Honda Odyssey with DVD & Navigation and am considering adding a Parrot Bluetooth mki9100 handsfree system. Does anyone know how this works with the NAV & RES? I believe the parrot will announce the calls and play the caller through the front speakers, but will that intercept the voice prompts from the navigation system which also mutes the speakers? I plan to get a harness adpater for the system from http://www.quickconnectproducts.com but am wondering how it will work. I also don't want it intercepting the rear speakers for ipod music if the kids are watching a DVD. Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've got a Parrot CK3000 bluetooth adapter in my 2007 Ody with Nav/DVD. It was installed with a metra harness. The install is described here:

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40579

The device has no effect whatsoever on the rear headphones for the kid's DVD or whatever. And that goes both for the wired and wireless headphones. It does mute the stereo coming through the rear speakers when a call comes in.

It mutes all the speakers when a call comes in, so you won't hear driving guidance or any other voices from the nav system during a call. But its microphone is separate from the nav system's microphone, so you could at least theoretically speak to the nav system and give it commands during a call. You just won't hear any feedback about how your command was received. In other words, the Parrot's muting takes priority over the nav system's muting -- the Parrot is installed "after" the nav system, so the Parrot doesn't even know whether it's muting the radio or the spoken driving directions. It just mutes whatever is coming out of the speakers and pipes the phone to those speakers.

When you're not getting a call, it has no effect on any part of the audio system or nav system, except that it chirps once briefly on startup as it connects to your bluetooth phone.

After over three years, I'm just as enthusiastic about the way the thing works as I was when I first got it. I basically don't have to think about it, it just does the right thing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I ended up going with harness BT-1721-A. When examining the factory harness end and the one on the Metra harness, they are both nearly identical and by my examination the Metra harness should go into the back of the stereo, but it doesn't for some reason, whereas the factory one goes in nice and smooth. I'm hesitant to push too hard for fear of breaking the input on the radio. How hard am I supposed to push on this thing?

·
Registered
157 Posts
So I ended up going with harness BT-1721-A. When examining the factory harness end and the one on the Metra harness, they are both nearly identical and by my examination the Metra harness should go into the back of the stereo, but it doesn't for some reason, whereas the factory one goes in nice and smooth. I'm hesitant to push too hard for fear of breaking the input on the radio. How hard am I supposed to push on this thing?
I believe the plastic casing for metra was very stiff and I did need to use more force. Verify the PIN connections line up and press gently but firm. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts