Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 SE has an occasional buffeting sound and during my first oil change (bought it July 2019) I noticed the various underbody plastic pieces by the oil filter and passenger side frame rail have been drug across the ground and are no longer fastened to the vehicle. I want to replace the pieces and see if that eliminates the buffeting noise while driving. Would anyone be able to point me towards part numbers or where to get these pieces, or even what they’re called? I’m also concerned with the proper order to install them. I assume they probably overlap and must go in a proper order.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Could it be that the plastic parts just need to be re-attached? New clips and screws? Also, you may find that zip-ties can go a long way to repair and support damaged underbody plastic panels.

I'd also be concerned about anything on the engine side of the panels that may have been damaged in whatever caused that. So I'd inspect carefully.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Several shields under the front of the car, so without pics it is hard to tell. Or check the box/front fender diagrams on Bernardiparts.com or hondapartsnow.com.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oldskewel, the part of the panels the screw passes through is gone so I cannot reattach correctly. I’ve been contemplating rigging something but I think they would still flap around.

Rmyoder, thanks for the site recommendations. I’ll start digging through their catalogs and try to post pictures tonight.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Well if you can't get it done with just the zip ties, you may need to take it up a level and break out the duct tape. Not completely kidding (and have not seen your car yet).

Keep in mind that some people consider those engine undercovers optional (I don't - I always have them in place, well attached). And that the wind is a huge factor - so if the wind can catch it at the leading edge, it will flap, etc. But if the leading edge is secured, the wind will tend to keep it in place.

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
431 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts