Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All--

Recently purchased a used 2015 EX-L with Honda roof rails and crossbars installed. I want to remove the Honda crossbars and be able use our Thule feet, "square" bars, and Thule cargo box that we previously used with our '99 and '06 Odysseys. Since they are pretty easy to install, the Thule crossbars and feet will only be on the rails when needed.

There will be 4 holes in each rail after the crossbars are removed. I would like to replace the OEM mounting bolts with something like the plastic bolts/screws that the OEM roof rails came with to fill the mounting holes.

Does anyone have a part number or a decent photo of the plastic screw/bolt that comes with the OEM rail?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ended up going to the local hardware store and picked up 8 stainless steel hex head M6-1.00x20 bolts and installed them into the roof rail holes.

Removing the cross bars was a bit challenging--between the Torx heads and the bolt threads being tightly bound I managed to shear a couple of bolts off--it is challenging to extract the bolt shaft.

Am happy with the result--the stainless steel heads are difficult to see and are rather unobtrusive. Now we have much greater flexibility with the factory roof rails, our Thule bars and feet!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I removed my cross bars (indeed, Torx T-30), and put electrical tape over the holes. But somewhere there must be some plastic inserts that would work better (and look better). Attached is the Honda Roof Rack diagram, and on page 1, section 1, it refers to the "Plastic Screws" - but what size to get?
I wonder if these would fit right:

MANSHU 200 Pcs Car Plastic Trim Boot Rivets Push Clip Fastener,6.4mm

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts