Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My power steering pump on my 2012 Honda Odyssey (90,000 miles) is making whining noises, especially when the car is started on cold days. Based on the videos and forums I've read it may be that the o-rings for the inlet hose and high pressure hose are old and allowing air to enter and cavitate the pump.

What are the recommended part numbers for these two O-rings? I have seen videos but they are for 3rd gen Honda Odysseys and the part numbers listed don't fit my 2012 Honda Odyssey.

For reference, this is one of the youtube videos I watched that references the 2 O-rings I'm talking about:

Thanks

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm not positive I had an 07 that had the issue (currently a 2012 that doesn't), but I think they went from a rubber to viton o-ring seals.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,272 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
See this thread for additional discussion.

·
Registered
30 Posts
the intake lower pressure o-ring is on a different diagram, number 16
https://www.hondapartsonline.net/auto-parts/2012/honda/odyssey-5-door/tourin-trim/6-speed-automatic-engine/engine-cat/p-s-pump-scat
for whatever reason there are two part numbers, so perhaps there are two different pumps.
Call the dealer with your vin and they will tell you the right part number, or buy them both, they are $1 each.
FWIW, Went to the dealer, and they had no idea what the difference was even after looking up my VIN, and the two parts look identical.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My power steering pump on my 2012 Honda Odyssey (90,000 miles) is making whining noises, especially when the car is started on cold days. Based on the videos and forums I've read it may be that the o-rings for the inlet hose and high pressure hose are old and allowing air to enter and cavitate the pump.

What are the recommended part numbers for these two O-rings? I have seen videos but they are for 3rd gen Honda Odysseys and the part numbers listed don't fit my 2012 Honda Odyssey.

For reference, this is one of the youtube videos I watched that references the 2 O-rings I'm talking about:

Thanks
Did a bit of searching online. Found different part numbers for the o-rings for 2012 MY. Went down the the stealership and picked them up. I have yet to install them but I doubt they're different from the model numbers for prior MYs.
91370-TA0-000
91345-R70-P01

1 - 8 of 8 Posts