Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SUP ODY FAM, RECENTLY THE PAS SLIDING DOOR JUST STOPPED WORKING. IT WAS OFF AND ON A FEW MONTHS BACK AND THEN BOOM, IT JUST STOPPED. NOW I HAVE TO MANUALLY SLIDE IT AND OF COURSE IF YOU OWN A 2010 THAT SH*T IS HEAVY LOL ...

ANYWAYS I REMEMBER WHEN I FIRST GOT THE VAN USED, THE DEALERSHIP SAID I SHOULD REPLACE THE DOOR ROLLERS BUT YOU KNOW THATS SUPER OVERPRICED THERE AND I WASNT SURE IF THEY WERE TRYING TO JUST SELL IT TO ME. (IT LASTED FOR 2 YEARS PLUS AFTER THAT.) I CAN PURCHASE THEM FOR MYSELF AND HAVE EM INSTALLED BUT DO YOU GUYS THINK ITS AN ELECTRIC PROBLEM ? OR SIMPLY REPLACING THE ROLLERS ... ? PEACE + THANKS !!!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
You left your CAPS LOCK on, And along with posting in BOLD this extra emphasis is rude and won't help getting an answer faster.
Have you read any of the threads to see that replacing the sliding door center rollers is relatively easy to do? Start with that, they probably need replaceing. There are even Utoob vids that show how to do this. And check the driver's side door roller while you're at it. (or should that be drvr)

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Replace the door rollers first, as that is one of the most common issues. Then investigate whether or not you have a faulty rear door latch module, which is another common issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replace the door rollers first, as that is one of the most common issues. Then investigate whether or not you have a faulty rear door latch module, which is another common issue.
aye scott thanks, will do. you think this is all doable in the yard? i havent really done any heavy research as of yet on it.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
As I answered above, yes it's very doable in the yard. Just need a milk crate or something to prop the door as you undo the roller. Lots of vids online, and whether it's for a '99 or your '10 the process is pretty much the same.
:D(y)

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
It’s very doable in a yard. I used my hydraulic floor jack to support the door. There are some great DIY videos on how to do the job. I recall the hardest part was reattaching the cable. There is not much slack in it. It’s usually just the center roller that fails. That’s probably the only part you need to replace. Do both sides. Use a sharpie to mark the exact mounting location of the roller bracket before you unbolt it. The new one has to go in that precise location.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
1,001 Posts
Agree that it's easy. I used the scissor jack that comes with the van. It goes more than high enough to support the door. I also agree regarding the cables and marking the location of the bracket. I marked mine, and I got it right on on my first attempt, no issues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As I answered above, yes it's very doable in the yard. Just need a milk crate or something to prop the door as you undo the roller. Lots of vids online, and whether it's for a '99 or your '10 the process is pretty much the same.
:D(y)
THANKS BROSKI :alien: :geek:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It’s very doable in a yard. I used my hydraulic floor jack to support the door. There are some great DIY videos on how to do the job. I recall the hardest part was reattaching the cable. There is not much slack in it. It’s usually just the center roller that fails. That’s probably the only part you need to replace. Do both sides. Use a sharpie to mark the exact mounting location of the roller bracket before you unbolt it. The new one has to go in that precise location.
awesome i'll give it a go. thanks for the feed back scott 👌

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Agree that it's easy. I used the scissor jack that comes with the van. It goes more than high enough to support the door. I also agree regarding the cables and marking the location of the bracket. I marked mine, and I got it right on on my first attempt, no issues.
thanks, i appreciate the tips

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm assuming that you have reset (or "homed") the doors. The simplest way of doing that is to remove fuse #7 in the driver's side kick panel fuse box (7.5 amp fuse, bottom row, just before the empty slot). If it looks good, simply put it back in, and then try the doors.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm assuming that you have reset (or "homed") the doors. The simplest way of doing that is to remove fuse #7 in the driver's side kick panel fuse box (7.5 amp fuse, bottom row, just before the empty slot). If it looks good, simply put it back in, and then try the doors.
hey man thanks for the advice, by reset or "homed" what do you mean by that exactly? not sure ive done it. and are you saying if i try this what you speak of i may not have to replace the rollers at all? and whats weird is, the sliding dr started to work again last week but now when i begin to drive the door slightly comes out of the fully closed position (which had happened before) to where i can hear more road noise and it triggers the house lights to come on. so i always have to press the close door button but then it happens like 3 secs later or if i hit a bump in the road. thankfully it doesnt ever open while driving as ive covered hundreds of miles at a time with the situation. i also have the signal tone of the open door now going off all the time unless i flip the switch to turn off the automatic sliding. this comes and goes but clearly theres and issue haha. so now the door is back to opening and closing but not staying fully locked into closed position and with the signal going of unless i turn of the auto doors. weird. any suggestions will help because at this point im not sure if its the rollers. thanks!!

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
1,001 Posts
hey man thanks for the advice, by reset or "homed" what do you mean by that exactly? not sure ive done it. and are you saying if i try this what you speak of i may not have to replace the rollers at all? and whats weird is, the sliding dr started to work again last week but now when i begin to drive the door slightly comes out of the fully closed position (which had happened before) to where i can hear more road noise and it triggers the house lights to come on. so i always have to press the close door button but then it happens like 3 secs later or if i hit a bump in the road. thankfully it doesnt ever open while driving as ive covered hundreds of miles at a time with the situation. i also have the signal tone of the open door now going off all the time unless i flip the switch to turn off the automatic sliding. this comes and goes but clearly theres and issue haha. so now the door is back to opening and closing but not staying fully locked into closed position and with the signal going of unless i turn of the auto doors. weird. any suggestions will help because at this point im not sure if its the rollers. thanks!!
Sounds like you need a rear latch assembly.'

The rehoming procedure won't bypass replacing the center roller assembly if it is actually bad. It will only solve electrical issues, and some issues will only be solved temporarily.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts