Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2001 GG EX, the back of the passenger door is not flush with the front of the sliding door when they are closed. The offset is very slight - the back of the passenger doos sticks out just a bit.

The rubber stoppers on the passenger door are all the way in so thats not a problem. The sliding door lines up ok so thats not a problem.

There is a silver bolt on the body of the van where the passenger door locks to. It has two big phillips screws -looks like I can move thatinward and that might pull the door closed tighter - is that what Ishould adjust?

Also, the door latch itself is plastic - with three phillips screws - one has red marker on it (don't touch that?). Could I adjust this latch instead and will that work?

Soory if this has been posted elsewhere - I can use your help! Thanks JEFF

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm also interested in any door alignment tips. Situation is similar to benezrj's on my passenger side. If there are any deep dark secrets out there let em' fly. While your at it, any one have any ideas about adjusting (aligning) the rear quarter window? The helm manual is very vague about alignment.

------------------

See my Pics

Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES

·
Registered
141 Posts
I adjusted the silver metal loop on the body frame for the driver's door on my 02, and it helps, but does not fix the problem.

The passenger side door is perfect -- but the driver's door does not close as well. The rubber bumpers are all the way in...

I want to adjust the latch in the door, but I am afraid to release the screws (there's red marker on one just as above) and not know how to put it back.

Does anyone with the Helm manual or otherwise acquired wisdom have a definitive answer on how to adjust this plastic door latch inward?

My driver door obviously has a problem w/ the front hinge, but that isn't very available to me (that I can tell) for adjustment, so I'm happy to adjust the back latch just to get the door to close easily and ignore the slight misalignment.

help!

ps - i guess i need to update my sig!

------------------
2002 Mesa Beige EX-L-RES - on order
2001 Mesa Beige EX - recently sold

1 - 6 of 6 Posts