Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an '07 EX-L, and my front passenger door handle seems like it is about to fall off. The forward side of the handle is loose, when you pull the handle to open the door, it comes out almost a quarter inch.

Should I be able to fix this myself, i.e. take off the interior door panel and tighten some loose screws, or is it more serious and needs dealership intervention?

Thanks!
Tim

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sounds like a loose screw or nut. Time to take it apart to look. If it isn't a simple fix, then bring it in to the dealer but I suspect it will be easy.

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
This is my problem. Don't know if it is same as the op.

Thats exactly what mine looked like. Finally got time to take it apart today, and turns out the bolt had completely fallen out. Luckily it was still inside the door and I was able to screw it back in. Working great now!

BTW, make sure you read instructions on removing the door panel before you try it...almost broke some clips. Once you get the four screws out (two behind the handle, one under the power window/lock switch, and in the upper storage bin), I layed under the door with a pry bar, and gently popped out the clips. After the ones on the bottom came out with the pry bar, the rest came out very easily. Then disconnect the wire for the courtesy light and the cable for the door handle, and find a safe place for the panel. Make sure the window is up, and peel the plastic back (the glue came loose easily enought without tearing the plastic), and you will be able to see the back of the door handle. I used a 10mm wrench to tighten it back up, didn't have any locktight on hand. Then put everything back together in reverse order (dont forget to reattach the door cable and courtesy light wires).

Thanks for all the advice, it really came in handy! Next project, new battery and oil change for the bike :)

Tim

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thats exactly what mine looked like. Finally got time to take it apart today, and turns out the bolt had completely fallen out. Luckily it was still inside the door and I was able to screw it back in. Working great now!

BTW, make sure you read instructions on removing the door panel before you try it...almost broke some clips. Once you get the four screws out (two behind the handle, one under the power window/lock switch, and in the upper storage bin), I layed under the door with a pry bar, and gently popped out the clips. After the ones on the bottom came out with the pry bar, the rest came out very easily. Then disconnect the wire for the courtesy light and the cable for the door handle, and find a safe place for the panel. Make sure the window is up, and peel the plastic back (the glue came loose easily enought without tearing the plastic), and you will be able to see the back of the door handle. I used a 10mm wrench to tighten it back up, didn't have any locktight on hand. Then put everything back together in reverse order (dont forget to reattach the door cable and courtesy light wires).

Thanks for all the advice, it really came in handy! Next project, new battery and oil change for the bike :)

Tim
Thanks for the tips. This will be my project for this weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts