Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - First, I want to describe what's happening. When we try to lock or unlock the doors with the button on the doors, the driver side lock will not respond. When we try to use the keyless entry to lock and unlock the doors, the passenger door lock doesn't respond. We can only lock and unlock the driver side door manually by lifting or pushing down on the lock.

After research, I thought it was the driver side actuator. I purchased one of those and replaced it, but the issue persists. Anyone with any initial ideas? I'm going to take it to the Honda dealership for repair if I can't figure it out myself.

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Have the same thing happening to me. Can't figure out how to remove the actuator? Do you need to remove the window rail? It seems to be in the way of the actuator coming out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took it to the Honda dealership and it was the control unit in the door. I had several other things that needed fixed (like the AC) and costs prevented me from getting it fixed just yet. Maybe next month.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
You indicated you removed the actuator. Did you remove the whole lock assembly to get it out? One of the screws in the door has stripped out and may need to drill that out if I need to remove the lock assembly. Getting to be a bigger job...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, I understand. Yes, I had to take that out in order to get the actuator out. I didn't take the door handle off, though. Another member on this forum sent me a PDF with a step by step. If you provide your email, I can send it to you. It was helpful.

Should mention that this bolt ended up stripped out for me as well. I ended up using pipe fitting tape used for plumbing to get it to stay put. When Honda fixes the lock, I'm going to have them fix this too. It appears it was already stripped out. The previous owner must have done this.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Thanks. I figured out I needed to remove the whole lock assembly as you stated. I then removed the window rail (pops out up at the top and swings away near the bottom bolt - easy). Once that was out of the way the assembly could be jacked over to remove the screws. Replaced the unit and working like new again! Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad you got it and glad it was just the actuator and not the lock control unit. It's much more expensive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue with my 2004 EX-L. I did spend the 1.5 hours taking the door apart to replace the driver door actuator and it still does not work. I did test the new actuator on the passenger door and it worked fine. UGH! You mentioned that the dealer said it was the control unit in the door. Do you have a part number or a better description?

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts