Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
[COLOR=#739912 !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=#739912 !important][FONT=inherit !important]I[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] have a 2000 Honda Oddyssey. The passenger side door is not able to close as the side slider will not latch on the back to the door. The little plastic that is in back of the door is stuck and will not turn back for the door to latch. I was 'messing' around with another issue and turned the plastic side slider all the way inside. Now the passenger door will not close as the plastic is in the way. Pictured attached will give a better picture. I have tried to pull the handle from inside and outside but the plastic will not move. I don't have a better name for it but hope the picture makes it clear. Hoping this is an easy fix and I don't have to open up the entire door assembly...I have tried WD-40 and all kinds of greases..Thanks all.

Picture 1 - Side Door.jpg Picture 2.jpg Picture 3 - close.jpg Picture 4 - Closer.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hope it helps somebody out but this issue is fixed. Eventually, I ended up opening the sliding door using similar technique to the youtube video
-
For whatever reason, once I started to open up the weather protection sheet, the plastic latch snapped back to it original position. I have no idea why this was the case but hopefully it helps somebody out.

Here is another link with a similar issue and fix.
http://www.odyclub.com/forums/24-1999-2004-odyssey/119379-driver-side-sliding-door-latch.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts