Honda Odyssey Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ditto - Wife called me recently to say the passenger window on our '02 EX slid into the door. Something shy of $300 later the dealer had it fixed. Last night I was the victim - "shoomp" goes the driver's side window into the door. Motor tries to work so it must be the regulator. Unfortunately I have to work this weekend so can't DIY and the weather forecast of course is rain, so back to the dealer we will go on Monday. Gave me an excuse to dust off the 3rd car - '87 Supra, which has never had a power window or other power component fail (knock on wood).

Today's forecast (thankful for visqueen): "Through 4pm: Showers and thunderstorms becoming scattered around 1pm."

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2000 Honda Odyssey EX. Last night we forgot to put the windows up and it rained. In the morning I tried putting the windows up but only the drivers side responded. I tried new master and passenger switches but the passenger window
motor still does not respond. I've also checked the window fuses in the cabin and the big one under the hood. All are fine.
Any ideas for a fix?

·
Registered
40 Posts
+1 on the problem and the fix. Thanks, fellow Ody-club members for posting the problems you find and your fixes - I've yet to hit a "new" problem (-:

For those considering temporarily holding up the glass somehow until parts come in, there is room to wedge a board or something, but to remove the door panel you've already done 95% work, and it'd be a pain to reinstall it only to remove it again. To me it was worth the extra $20 to get the replacement regulator (#741-011) at the parts store nearby.

Now, if I'd only checked the door actuator while I was there... :rollingeyes:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Another "wife was driving, heard a pop, and the window disappeared" post.
I was relieved to find this thread.
I pulled the door paneling off fairly easily. I used a utility knife and cut through the black gooey moisture barrier sealant. The speaker area was the toughest to get off.
I ended up buying a regulator/motor from Advanced Auto, they had it in stock for $69. The only problem I had with it was the motor wire was just a little too short to clip it to the plastic harness on the inside of the door. It still connected to the plug, but not the harness.
The whole repair probably took me 3 hours. But now that I know what I'm doing I bet it would only take an hour to do it again.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I on my 4rth regulator now. I am sure it is because of texas western sun falling directly on the window in my driveway. The less I use.. the more problems I have.
This summer I plan to park the van in reverse.. and take the hit on the passenger side.!!
I have been changing this once in a year for last 4 years.
Passenger side failed only once. and thats was the motor not the regulator. But I had to replace both.

Some plastic part is giving way in the summer!!

Another "wife was driving, heard a pop, and the window disappeared" post.
I was relieved to find this thread.
I pulled the door paneling off fairly easily. I used a utility knife and cut through the black gooey moisture barrier sealant. The speaker area was the toughest to get off.
I ended up buying a regulator/motor from Advanced Auto, they had it in stock for $69. The only problem I had with it was the motor wire was just a little too short to clip it to the plastic harness on the inside of the door. It still connected to the plug, but not the harness.
The whole repair probably took me 3 hours. But now that I know what I'm doing I bet it would only take an hour to do it again.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I noticed a window problem both sides now. Goes up and down fine. I can slightly wiggle the glass on both sides. Having been though this on the Accord driver side window, will attend to this before the window cracks. Hopefully its the clips.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Really stuck with this window regulator repair. Switching out the regulator was really quite simple after reading through this thread but let me start by saying I have a 2004 Model and the passenger side front window regulator cable cut through the plastic pulley and "SNAP" the window went down about half way. Motor wouldn't work after that either.

Today I ran to Advance and picked up a new window regulator and installed it, plugged it up. Nothing. So I took the regulator assembly back to Advance trying to rule the part out of the equation by exchanging it for another new one. Installed the 2nd one. Still nothing. I checked the 20 amp fuse located in the small fuse box near the front of the engine and it was blown. I replaced it and still nothing. Finally I went through that reset procedure disconnecting the battery, reconnecting it and then rolling the driver window UP, then DOWN. Still nothing.

Anybody have any idea what it could be? This thing is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
515 Posts
sounds like a control problem,,switches in the arm rest, check for voltage at the connection to the regulator when you cycle the window lifts, or even the main switch cut off switch

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

We're having this issue too. I'm wondering if not DYI, how much should it cost for parts and labor? I see above ~$70 in parts, and at most $150 in labor. We have a 2003 Odyssey EX.

Damien

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my passenger side window. Installed new regulator. Does nothing with the passenger side switch, but it does roll down with the driver side switch just won't go back up. Any idea?

Really stuck with this window regulator repair. Switching out the regulator was really quite simple after reading through this thread but let me start by saying I have a 2004 Model and the passenger side front window regulator cable cut through the plastic pulley and "SNAP" the window went down about half way. Motor wouldn't work after that either.

Today I ran to Advance and picked up a new window regulator and installed it, plugged it up. Nothing. So I took the regulator assembly back to Advance trying to rule the part out of the equation by exchanging it for another new one. Installed the 2nd one. Still nothing. I checked the 20 amp fuse located in the small fuse box near the front of the engine and it was blown. I replaced it and still nothing. Finally I went through that reset procedure disconnecting the battery, reconnecting it and then rolling the driver window UP, then DOWN. Still nothing.

Anybody have any idea what it could be? This thing is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am having problem with 2016 model. The passenger side window will operate only from the passenger side switch and not from the driver side. Uptil a week ago driver side switch can operate all four window, not any more. Is there a reset button for switch?

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
About this Discussion
50 Replies
30 Participants
precidia_96
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing