Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife was running window down, when she tried to raise it we heard a thunk and it quit moving. I could hear the motor turning but the window was stuck down. Replaced the regulator/motor (it came in a set). Now the motor won't move down so that I can finish installing the bolts that hold the glass to the regulator. I can hear it clicking when I try the up position, but nothing in the down position. Yesterday I was moving the old motor back and forth just fine. Now the old one only rotates one way also. Could this be the passenger switch goofing things up? When I remove the passenger switch, driver side does nothing. With passenger switch installed, motors only turn one direction, and only when the driver switch is operated.

·
Registered
953 Posts
So you already have the new motor and regulator installed? Have you tried bypassing the switch and running 12V strait to the motor connectors?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it started raining on me so I got the window up and went inside. It's still raining now, a couple of hours later. The motor connector has power to it, I can make the old one move in the up direction, the regulator cable got smashed so it's just the motor spinning by itself but it moves freely in the up direction. It won't move or even make a click in the down direction.

·
Registered
953 Posts
If I am not mistaken the connector only has two pins. If you apply 12V power to one of the pins the window will go up and if you apply power to the other side the window will go down. This way you can rule out the motor as the culprit. The other thing you may want to try is removing the fuse for the power windows and put it back in. This will reset the control unit.

·
Registered
639 Posts
When I replaced my '99 passenger side window regulator assembly a few years back, I used the dorman brand from pepboys that has a lifetime warranty. If you got it locally why not exchange for a new one. Maybe it was defective right off the bat. Unless you think you messed up the wiring on your end?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Evidently there's an older thread covering this, so I'm jumping to that one. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE:

Evidently, when I went to test the motor, I plugged in the seat heater harness instead of the power window harness.
They are exactly the same shape, just different colors. I missed that, and blew out diodes on the switch. I ran a hot wire straight to the motor, and by reversing hot and ground wires could run the window up and down to finish installing it. Now I just need to buy another switch, I suppose. Thanks for all your input!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Cheapest option would be the junkyard/pick-a-part place. Or ebay - used part. No need for a new one with these old vans.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
3 Participants
nitely2
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing