Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger front window went down and wouldn't come back. Sounded like the regulator wasn't working using either the driver side or passenger side switch.

I took the paneling off and installed the passenger side window motor regulator but accidentally plugged it into the seat heater. I corrected the problem and then tried to use the switch, but the window only went up, now I cannot get motor to move down.

If I blew the passenger switch, would the driver side passenger window switch still not work? Because I am unable to get the motor to move down at all. I just want to see what I should do next before I waste money on a switch that isn't going to fix the problem.

Thanks for your help!
Jason

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
My passenger front window went down and wouldn't come back. Sounded like the regulator wasn't working using either the driver side or passenger side switch.

I took the paneling off and installed the passenger side window motor regulator but accidentally plugged it into the seat heater. I corrected the problem and then tried to use the switch, but the window only went up, now I cannot get motor to move down.

If I blew the passenger switch, would the driver side passenger window switch still not work? Because I am unable to get the motor to move down at all. I just want to see what I should do next before I waste money on a switch that isn't going to fix the problem.

Thanks for your help!
Jason
I know this sounds dumb, but is the switch on the Driver's armrest that turns off all windows control except the driver's side in the correct position?
Did you check the fuse(s) that control that passenger window?
Relays and motors?
BTW, what year is the Ody you are having problems with?
Also, try reading the Recommended Reading below this post and also try searching on the Internet.
Sometimes you can accidently turn off the Master windows switch on the Driver's armrest.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
43 Posts

Thanks for your help!
Jason
Double check the actual switch. Sometimes the switch panel on the door goes out. Also Sometimes the new parts are defective put the box. Try exchanging the windows motor regulator..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know this sounds dumb, but is the switch on the Driver's armrest that turns off all windows control except the driver's side in the correct position?
Did you check the fuse(s) that control that passenger window?
Relays and motors?
BTW, what year is the Ody you are having problems with?
Also, try reading the Recommended Reading below this post and also try searching on the Internet.
Sometimes you can accidently turn off the Master windows switch on the Driver's armrest.
Buffalo4
Thank you, I did check the driver side switch and neither worked.

This is a 2004 Honda Odyssey. I checked the fuse and it looked fine too. I could also hear the motor engage so I don't think the fuse was at fault.

·
Registered
2000 Odyssey LX, 2003 Odyssey EX, 2011 Odyssey EXL, 2016 HRV
126 Posts
I did the EXACT SAME THING on my 2003 EX. I didn't see the "magic smoke" but I heard a pop and it fried the driver side switch (for the passenger window). Strangely, the switch on the passenger side will still work. I bought a new driver side switch and took it with me one day to install in my in-law's driveway. Didn't get to it and that is the last time I saw it. Paid $200 for it! Those switches may be obsolete now but still check the online parts houses. This is what I wrote in the margin of my manual (for the next owner) page 20-7: "* warning! Do not insert blue seat warmer connector into window switch- it will fry the (both) switches. Gray is the power window."
I didn't know the seat heater stays "live" all the time and that seems like a fire hazard to me. It's just too much trouble to disconnect the battery, amiright? I need to learn from that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did the EXACT SAME THING on my 2003 EX. I didn't see the "magic smoke" but I heard a pop and it fried the driver side switch (for the passenger window). Strangely, the switch on the passenger side will still work. I bought a new driver side switch and took it with me one day to install in my in-law's driveway. Didn't get to it and that is the last time I saw it. Paid $200 for it! Those switches may be obsolete now but still check the online parts houses. This is what I wrote in the margin of my manual (for the next owner) page 20-7: "* warning! Do not insert blue seat warmer connector into window switch- it will fry the (both) switches. Gray is the power window."
I didn't know the seat heater stays "live" all the time and that seems like a fire hazard to me. It's just too much trouble to disconnect the battery, amiright? I need to learn from that.
Ah man! That is a bummer!

Anyone know a way I can just fix the window in the up position until I get around to fixing it?

·
Registered
2000 Odyssey LX, 2003 Odyssey EX, 2011 Odyssey EXL, 2016 HRV
126 Posts
I don't think so but maybe somebody better at electricity than me knows. If the motor is not burned out, it should be possible to energize the motor with a jumper wire from the battery to roll up the window, IF you knew what terminals to use. I'm not sure the doors are grounded well enough to only have one wire to the motor, so there may be a hot and a ground tab in the connector. And of course there is an up and down function so there must be at least three tabs. That's all I could say without refreshing my memory by looking at it. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
No, but I'm not sure they ever did. I recently bought this used
The reason I asked was because that switch on the driver's armrest cuts off power to ALL other operable windows (only three) in the Ody except for the Driver's door window.
Just trying to narrow down some things.
If you can hear the Pass window engage, that means that it is getting 'some' power. but perhaps the amount is insufficient to actually make the window go up.
Have you tried pulling up (or prying up- don't break it) on the window when you try to raise it with power.
You can feed 12v into the connector going directly into the motor.
I'm sure you can find the proper terminals (2) in the connector on the Internet.
I do have a Honda Service Manual.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had it looked at by professional. He said it is not receiving power from the vehicle but the regulator is working fine. Does this mean the master control is the culprit? He is not able to work on electrical.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts