Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
2005 Honda Odyssey
Passenger power sliding door worked, but then the rear door latch (that engages to keep rear of door sucked in) stopped engaging. So my door light would stay on and beep would sound when I drove.
I read threads and did the fuse reset (#7 backup light on drivers side interior fuse box) ) and now it won’t open or close at all. I checked the other fuses (#8 R pwr door closer on passengers side interior fuse box).

In manual mode, door opens with a lot of force (more than other side). Drivers side power door works fine.
Not sure what to do now as it was at least opening and closing. It now after pulling a fuse it doesn’t.
Any help appreciated.
thanks!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
rehmern,
Welcome to this forum. This is a very common problem which is discussed in this forum almost every day. There are many, many threads on it here if you search.

Your issue is likely a faulty rear door latch module. It is recommended that you replace this part with a new latch. Costs about $200. Some people have had success cleaning the micro-switches in the latch part. This door latch issues often causes a parasitic battery drain of 0.4 amps.

FYI, another very common sliding door issue is the middle/center roller assembly. The plastic roller often disintegrates making door operation very difficult. This roller assembly is often replaced with new. I recommend you inspect the condition of all your door rollers. This may be why your door is difficult to operate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
same problem as me....but i'm on the driver side...i have a thread started as well.
Hello pardnme,

I was able to fix my door. No quick fix. But the fix was fairly easy to do. The issue with my door was the back power latch (the one that holds the back of the door sucked in). A couple days before my door failed completely, the latch stopped engaging, but the door would still open and close with buttons, although the van wouldn’t lock, interior lights stayed on, and the right open door light (solid red line on dash) stayed on.
So I tried the fuse fix (pulling number 7 fuse, even disconnecting battery) and then the door stopped working completely.
I called Honda and they said if the power latch was broken then it would stop power to whole door.
I was able to order part 72610-SHJ-A22 (Power Latch) from O’Rielly (they get it from Honda so it’s a factory part) for $275, instead of $388 through Honda.
This video will show you how to remove door panel:
This link will show you how to replace part:
You will need to unhook the cables (you will know when you see it) as this doesn’t replace part but repairs it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rehmern,
Welcome to this forum. This is a very common problem which is discussed in this forum almost every day. There are many, many threads on it here if you search.

Your issue is likely a faulty rear door latch module. It is recommended that you replace this part with a new latch. Costs about $200. Some people have had success cleaning the micro-switches in the latch part. This door latch issues often causes a parasitic battery drain of 0.4 amps.

FYI, another very common sliding door issue is the middle/center roller assembly. The plastic roller often disintegrates making door operation very difficult. This roller assembly is often replaced with new. I recommend you inspect the condition of all your door rollers. This may be why your door is difficult to operate.
thanks! i hasn’t seen your reply but was able to replace the rear power latch and works again!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts