Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I have a 2007 Odyssey Touring.
The passenger door sticks when activated by remote or by hand whether opened or closed. It will also pop.
Both videos below show this happening.
I already replaced the center roller and lubricated everything. I also re-homed the door as described in this forum.
There seems to be 3 latches in the door, one in the front, one in the back, and one on the bottom.
I suspect one of these should be replaced next but I was hoping to get some guidance before I purchase the expensive parts.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just fixed this issue on Friday and it is not your latches. It is your door lock actuator and you should be able to get the part from www.cheaphondaparts.com for $43 (what I paid total for part, tax, shipping). I also made an 8 part video series on how to replace the part in about an hour. The only thing I did not have a video of is how to take off the door panel but if you need a video on that I can whip one up before your actuator arrives. I will see if I can get a link to my video's on this post but if not just search for Part 1 2008 Honda Odyssey Door Latch Actuator Repair on YouTube then view the other 7 parts. They only take a couple of minutes to watch for each section and should be the answer you are looking for.

·
Registered
14 Posts
+1 Had exact same problem and replaced this part on a 2006 EX-L passenger side door and it solved the problem and has not returned. Surprisingly, I opened the removed defective actuator and expected to find missing gear teeth inside however no teeth were missing. However, the new actuator solved the issue. No complaints since!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perfect! Thanks for the reply. I will get this part ordered and let you know how it goes!
I think there's another video on youtube regarding taking apart the door panel.
Good job on the videos!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok in looking up the door actuator, there are 2 parts available that fit the description. Which one did you purchase?

72623-SHJ-A11 ACTUATOR ASSY., R. SLIDE DOOR LOCK

72623-SHJ-A21 ACTUATOR ASSY., R. SLIDE DOOR POWER RELEASE

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for the confusion. It is the 72623-SHJ-A21 ACTUATOR ASSY., R. SLIDE DOOR POWER RELEASE. I will update that part number on the video to show which one to use.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for making these videos! This is going to save me $300 dollars.

I have been having this same door problem for over 40,000 miles and was finally able to demonstrate it to a Honda dealer and they told me the part needed. In the past, they were not able to replicate the problem and instead lubed everything and sent me on my merry way! Now I know we can fix it ourselves!!

THANKS!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, did you ever post a video on how to remove the door panel?? I've ordered the part you suggested and am about to try this solution. I've been having the popping/sticking and no-one can figure it out yet.

·
Read Only
43 Posts
I just fixed this issue on Friday and it is not your latches. ...
jschoend,

I just wanted to say thanks for your extensively well documented repair for this issue. I've been having the same problem with my passenger side door for well over a year now. Dealer tried lubricating, but that seemed to make it worse, if anything.

I ordered the part a few weeks ago and just spent this morning swapping out the actuator. Time will tell pretty quickly, but so far, no hangups.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can the door panel be removed if the door can't be opened? I've got a 2005 Ody with manual sliding doors, and the passenger side door is stuck in the closed position.

·
Registered
12 Posts
finally got the dealer to replace the actuator about a month ago. Would have been quicker to to it myself given all the time I spent talking them into the fix, opening and closing the door until it reproduced etc. But no problems since they did the repair, and it was completely covered by honda care.

question for everyone that might still be looking at this thread, if you did have this problem, do you typically park your car on an incline or slope? we do, and I am wondering if that might be causing the problem in the first place.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It looks like everyone has a problem with the right side, but mine is on the left side door. Are the parts the same for each side? If I get 72623-SHJ-A21 ACTUATOR ASSY., R. SLIDE DOOR POWER RELEASE, will that work on the left side? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
DS - Actuator and Rear Latch

Hello,

Our 2006 Odyssey EX with 80,000 miles on it has the popping and sticking on the driver's side sliding door. We also have the rear latch engaging and then releasing where the inside lights remain off and there is no indication of a door ajar except for the chime when you go to put the transmission in gear. Has anyone resolved the rear latch release problem by getting things resolved with the door latch actuator?

I have had the center roller mechanism replaced on this door but the popping/sticking remains along with the rear latch engaging then releasing. Next step for me will be the actuator replacement and lubrication of the rear latch. After that, I suppose I go for getting the rear latch mechanism replaced.

Many thanks for this terrific forum.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I installed a new door actuator on the pass. side and my door still doesnt work. It doesnt even attempt to open. The "slide door" light is on however. Maybe I messed up the install...I have no idea, but it's really annoying.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts