Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 odyssey. The passenger window doesn't go down or up using the driver door master switch. The passenger window works fine when you use the switch on the door. All other switches on the master switch work fine. The back windows, locks and mirror work properly. I thought it would need a new master switch so I ordered one and same problem. Any idea what could be the problem? Fuse blown? My wife said nothing happened just one day she noticed the passenger window didn't go down using the driver side switch. Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks.

Nate

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Do you hear the click of the passenger side relay when you hit the switch?

Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't hear anything when I try the switch. I don't know what you mean by jump the power wire to the motor.

·
Registered
990 Posts
My older ODY had a wire harness come loose in the driver door once. All other window/doors working? Could be the switch but you will have to look through the schematic to find if there is driver door relay for that window or if it just controls the same relay for the passenger door.

Are you sure the master power switch for the windows is not set to off? I believe when I have that enabled I can not raise or lower the other windows.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I looked through the schematics and the only thing unusual for the passenger door is it receives commands from the drivers door master switch controller via a serial interface (UART). All the other windows that are controlled from the drivers side are directly controlled via relays and fairly conventional wiring. It's likely you either have a bad switch (unlikely but possible), a faulty drivers door controller, a faulty passenger side door controller, or the serial wiring between the drivers door and the passenger door is faulty. The fact the passenger door window can go up and down on it's own is good as that rules out power, the motor, etc... If I were to guess It's likely a poor connection between the drivers side controller and the passenger side controller. There are two connections that would be worth taking off and re-seating the connectors. One under the drivers side foot well and the other over on the passenger side foot well. If you can open the electrical troubleshooting guide you can click and get a picture for the wiring harnesses and locations.

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Yes what he said ^^^.

Confirmed by your not hearing the relay in the passenger door click. (The relay applies power to the window motor upon receiving a signal.) It's not getting the signal from the driver side controller.

Dave

·
Registered
301 Posts
I just started having the same issue with my 2011 Ody. Drivers switch doesn't work on the passenger window, all other windows work fine. Passenger switch works on passenger window but auto up and down is not working.

Parmelng, let me know if and how u pu resolve this. Thanks

·
Registered
990 Posts
Humm... The fact it is not allowing for the auto-up-down may be the passenger door controller. Perhaps there is a common fail where the controller will fail and not communicate properly with the drivers door controller yet it will still do the minimum of open/close the window. If you could try a junk yard controller it may be worth your time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone, exact same issue, front passenger not working from driver control, it only works from passenger control with no auto-down enabled..this issue appeared after having passenger window broken...2016 oddy was working with no issues before the incident...seems like a short somewhere...but seems from all responses , no one was able to pin point the issue , anyone?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having same problem. Can't control from driver side, passenger side does not have auto, and all windows will not go down when I hold down unlock on my key. Has anyone had any luck?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have had the same problem as joshmcneal with my '12 EXL for some time now. I have tried to search the problem on the internet also with no luck. So many people with the same issue over the years, you would think there is a common fix for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just has this issue with my wife's 12 EX-L after replacing the door lock actuator. In my case the window would open/close using PS controller, but the auto up/down was not working. Also, would not work from DS control switch. After some internet digging, I did an Auto Up/Down relearn and it now works. Try the following:

- Turn car on with all windows up.
- Using the PS window switch, roll down the window all the way and continue to hold the switch for an additional 5 seconds after the window is completely down.
- Using the PS window switch, roll up the window all the way and continued to hold the switch for an additional 5 seconds after the window is completely up.
- At this point the window Auto Up/Down function should work from the PS window switch and it should also now work using the DS window switch.

Please report back if this resolves your issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
240Z Twin Turbo -- you are my hero! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Yes, your procedure worked!!!!

I have a 2014 Accord EX-L. Two days ago, without any warning, the PS window just quit responding from the DS switch. I reached across and used the PS switch to test the window function. It worked. So I thought I would be buying a new DS window switch. I just found your post this morning. Your procedure seems to have fixed the problem. The PS window works fine from the DS switch now. Thanks so much for taking the time to post your procedure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The following worked for me too! Also fixed the problem where I couldn't control all windows with the key (i.e. locking in drivers door to close all windows and double unlock from the fob to lower all windows).

Just has this issue with my wife's 12 EX-L after replacing the door lock actuator. In my case the window would open/close using PS controller, but the auto up/down was not working. Also, would not work from DS control switch. After some internet digging, I did an Auto Up/Down relearn and it now works. Try the following:

- Turn car on with all windows up.
- Using the PS window switch, roll down the window all the way and continue to hold the switch for an additional 5 seconds after the window is completely down.
- Using the PS window switch, roll up the window all the way and continued to hold the switch for an additional 5 seconds after the window is completely up.
- At this point the window Auto Up/Down function should work from the PS window switch and it should also now work using the DS window switch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you so much! I had the same issue described many in this thread. This was a quick and painless fix. Thank you for the information!

• Turn car on with all windows up.
  • Using the PS window switch, roll down the window all the way and continue to hold the switch for an additional 5 seconds after the window is completely down.
  • Using the PS window switch, roll up the window all the way and continued to hold the switch for an additional 5 seconds after the window is completely up.
  • At this point the window Auto Up/Down function should work from the PS window switch and it should also now work using the DS window switch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2016 pilot had the same problem after PS window was frozen stuck due to an extreme cold night. Couldn't operate PS from DS switch but able to operate PS window at PS switch. Your solution fix my PS window tissue. Thanks 240Z TwinTurbo!

• Using the PS window switch, roll down the window all the way and continue to hold the switch for an additional 5 seconds after the window is completely down.
  • Using the PS window switch, roll up the window all the way and continued to hold the switch for an additional 5 seconds after the window is completely up.
  • At this point the window Auto Up/Down function should work from the PS window switch and it should also now work using the DS window switch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This worked for my 2012 EX-L as well today. Wish I had found this post sooner!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts