Honda Odyssey Forum banner

passenger window stopped working

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  sontakke 
tom34diy said:
Definitely get second opinion, and consider having the mounts done elsewhere. If the mounts are bad, you might be able to just replace the upper one in front of the passenger, and the front one down by the radiator. I did both myself, but it was some work on that front one and requires some mechanical experience. This is all our 2004 Ody has needed and we have 103,000 miles. We have not needed any front end work, but then again, we do not ask the dealer to look for problems, because they will always find some. They are excellent vans. Good luck.
I would take it to another dealer ask them to check these things for you and don't tell them what the first dealer said... also a good independent mechanic would be fine for a second or even third opinion ...My friend went to the dealer for an oil change and the dealer said " your air conditioner is not right it needs re-charged etc. etc. " they wanted $295.00 for that ...She brought the car to me asking about this I ran the air conditioner and it worked great very cold and no noises ...I told her that guy just needed some money and figured he would get it from YOU ! ...After that She drove that car for YEARS with no air conditioner problems ...So my policy is buyer beware !

BOB in VERY windy Michigan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.