Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have registered and checked out your site as I am about to sign on 2006 Ody Touring with all bells and whistles...I have changed my mind ! The only way I can buy this vehichle is if the dealer de-paxes, now that I am aware of this tire nightmare. Insane decision on Honda,s part I guess. I feel sorry for the future owner of one these minivans as the dealer did not mention this costly detail Im sure he wont in the future. Not everybody is an enthusiast of these cars so to me, It is a show stopper.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just called Honda and they said one customer has driven hundred of miles with PAX when it had a flat. Okay then why do I not feel better after hearing that... funny how that is...

·
Registered
747 Posts
Your choices are simple if you want an ody:

1. Go ahead and negotiate down the price, de pax, and end up with new tires

2. Look for a non touring - it will be cheaper.

3. Look for an 08+ touring if budget allows.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
dieseldriver said:
I just called Honda and they said one customer has driven hundred of miles with PAX when it had a flat. Okay then why do I not feel better after hearing that... funny how that is...
You might want to call Honda back and ask why their PAX tires only get about 20,000 miles before they wear out and you have to spend a huge amount of money for new ones. :stupid:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I mentioned that and they said "well we know they are expensive but you CAN drive when they are flat"

If this is the wave of the future, then I want to go back to the past.

I did mention that my local Honda dealer (whom courageously puts their own positive reviews on blogs online) want to invoice me for $1400 to swap out 2 tires (that's right, you read that correctly, $1400 for two). Honda said "yeah, that sounds kind of high..." duh, no kidding, hello, McFly, anybody home?
Steve P said:
You might want to call Honda back and ask why their PAX tires only get about 20,000 miles before they wear out and you have to spend a huge amount of money for new ones. :stupid:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts