Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're De-Paxed our Ody with a great set of wheels & tires from Miketr and now I have the four old wheels/tires sitting in the garage.

We originally thought we should keep them, to use if/when the time comes to trade the Ody in. Then, we thought we might sell them if we could get more than $500 for them. But, in looking around it doesn't seem there's a market for them other than the local wrecking yard.

Does anyone have any experience trading off a De-Paxed Ody? Does it really matter (especially if you're trading it in at a non-Honda dealer)?

Any advice or anecdotal evidence is appreciated. :)

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
Lets start by posting in the right forum. Did you know that the 05-10 is NOT the only forum on this site?

Next. In the hey day, there were only 4.5 million threads on DePaxing and at least a million of them were of folks asking what to do with the take off PAX wheels.

Now that the hey day is gone, the rims you took off are worthless and the best value you will get will be the aluminium by the pound scrap rate.

As to trading your dePaxed van. If you had known about the PAX, would you have bought the van? I would think future buyers would be HAPPY to get a dePaxed van out of the box.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lets start by posting in the right forum. Did you know that the 05-10 is NOT the only forum on this site?
Seriously? Whodathunkit? ;)

Next. In the hey day, there were only 4.5 million threads on DePaxing and at least a million of them were of folks asking what to do with the take off PAX wheels.

Now that the hey day is gone, the rims you took off are worthless and the best value you will get will be the aluminium by the pound scrap rate.
I figured as much after searching for threads here and elsewhere, but couldn't find much that reflected the current market.

As to trading your dePaxed van. If you had known about the PAX, would you have bought the van? I would think future buyers would be HAPPY to get a dePaxed van out of the box.
Good point.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, just saw your post and was wondering if you still have your original PAX wheels? My wife damaged one of her wheels last night and I was hoping that you might be willing to sell me one if you still have yours. I need the 10 spoke wheel for a 2006 Touring model. Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts