Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody happen to know someone that I can pay to convert my 2001 Odyssey NAV Sytem to view regular DVD, because I am not handy in tinkering with the car. Any chance of paying someone to make this modification for me? Any of you who have done this before happen to live in Bay Area, California.....
Thanks

·
1,484 Posts
Well I'm in the Vallejo and I did the VideoNAVI mod myself. Although, I'm not a professional installer so I wouldn't know where to start on how much to charge on labor. Hey, since you're in the Bay Area...why not go to the upcoming Bay Area meet? You can check out the install up close. Maybe after we could work something out.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

[This message has been edited by nemogira (edited 11-08-2001).]

·
Registered
60 Posts
I need someone to do this mod for me too! Let me know where I can get hooked up!

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by djpep:
I need someone to do this mod for me too! Let me know where I can get hooked up!</font>
We'll talk at the meet...

Hmmm, maybe we could work out an exchange for my VideoNAVI moding for...let's say a PS2 and some games?

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

[This message has been edited by nemogira (edited 11-11-2001).]

·
Registered
368 Posts
IF this is really going to happen (making up a few of these setups), count me in too!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello....anybody out there(from Bay Area) willing to do this?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by odysman (edited 11-13-2001).]

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by odysman:
Hello....anybody out there(from Bay Area) willing to do this?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by odysman (edited 11-13-2001).]
</font>
I would be willing to do yours (and whoever elses) although not until mid December - can you wait until then?

-Nestor

·
Registered
368 Posts
nestor, where do I send my check?

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by johnkalajian:
nestor, where do I send my check?</font>
Easy now...I haven't done anything yet
. I still have to work out the cost of all the parts and labor. Hopefully the decoder I used (the AVC-RGB1) can still be bought. Most likely I'll get all that worked out around December.

I'll keep everyone posted.

-Nestor

·
Registered
564 Posts
Man Nestor -

If you weren't already everybody's friend, you're sure gonna be now! In about two years, when you have your entire system perfected, and your suppliers all lined up, I'll drive on down there with my 3rd gen 2004 ODY and have you do mine too.

------------------
-= Darell =-
2001 Civic EX (ULEV)- currently the BIG car.
1997 EV1 (ZEV) in process - "This is NOT your father's golf cart"

[This message has been edited by darelldd (edited 11-13-2001).]

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nestor, I know this guy who want to charge $300 to install the it. Does this sound expensive? This is not include parts.

·
1,484 Posts
Nestor, I know this guy who want to charge $300 to install the it. Does this sound expensive? This is not include parts.</font>
I was planning on charging $400 including parts. The parts alone could cost $200-250.

Is the guy from a professional shop? If so then that price sounds about right, I guess.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

[This message has been edited by nemogira (edited 11-19-2001).]

·
1,484 Posts
Well I finally found two places that still have the Pioneer AVC-RGB1 decoder. One sells it for $140 and the other sells it for $157. Now I don't know their shipping fees - that might be the deciding factor on where to buy it from. So whoevers interested in the VideoNAVI mod email me and I'll give you the number so you could order it. Remember, these units have been discontinued and are very hard to find.

Or if you want you could just write up the check for everything (labor/parts/shipping) and I'll take care of it.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nestor....

What is the total? parts, shipping and labor.

[This message has been edited by odysman (edited 11-19-2001).]

·
1,484 Posts
Here's the general breakdown...

$150 AVC-RGB1 - Decoder that allows NAVI to accept composited video signals

$100 DVD/MP3 Interface - This unit allows the stock headunit to have auxiliary input. Note: Must not have a Honda CD changer.

$50 Miscellaneous Parts/Tools - Wires, connectors, relays, etc.

$100 Labor - That's me!

Total: $400

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nestor...

One more question.....can I hook up another LCD to this modification, like the over head LCD. When can you do this?

·
1,484 Posts
Nestor...

One more question.....can I hook up another LCD to this modification, like the over head LCD. When can you do this?
</font>
Absolutely! The AVC-RGB1 decoder has an RCA video INPUT and OUTPUT.

I will be pre-ocuppied with various things from now until mid December. So around that time.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
585 Posts
Nestor wrote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">$100 DVD/MP3 Interface - This unit allows the stock headunit to have auxiliary input. Note: Must not have a Honda CD changer.</font>

Wow! What's this? Did I miss something? Gotta catch up on a month's worth of posts here...so you can have an input to the headunit...like as in if I have an mp3 CD player this will allow me to pass the audio into the headunit???

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Must have this device especially since I might actually have some time now to install my videonavi unit after a crazy November. What are the specifics? Is it easy to get to the input on the headunit?
Happy butterflies and rainbows here!

·
1,484 Posts
Hey Marvyn,

It's been a while. How ya been?

Yeah, the company is called Blitzsafe. Here is how they describe the device:

"The audio from any multimedia source such as: DVD/MP3 players, Mini Disc players, gaming systems, or video cassette/MP3 players, can now be heard through the factory audio system. Access to the multimedia system is achieved by the simple press of a button on the OEM headunit. This unique technology eliminates the need for FM modulators."

They currently don't have one for Hondas...yet. From what I hear it's still in development and should be ready in a couple of weeks.

I'm also going to try to find another (less expensive) way to trick the headunit from thinking there is a CD changer hooked-up. Maybe grounding a certain wire similar to the 'Sliding door mod' or how it is in the AVC-RGB1 wiring. We'll see.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

1 - 20 of 22 Posts