Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning...i have a couple of questions hoping that someone here can help me. I bought a PCM ( 2001 Ody ) for $50. Now i want to install it my 01 ody that has been throwing a P0740 code for 17k miles. It happens every couple of hundred miles or so but the van drives perfect so maybe its just a computer glitch. My question is, where is the pcm located and after installing do i need to repogram anything? Thank u in advance for your help...

·
Registered
253 Posts
On my 03 the PCM I believe is in the center behind the dash against the firewall. I can get to the connectors from an opening in the trim on the drivers side under the dash.

I doubt that your computer is giving you an erroneous trouble code. There probably is some legitimate condition in it's self diagnostic that is not met and that is causing this code to appear.

I am not positive but I believe all the immobilzer function is contained in the PCM so unless there is some memory chip that you can transfer from your old PCM to your new one then you will need to get your ignition key programmed to the new PCM. I may be wrong on that.

You may want to look into the P0740 code first. A quick search for the problems that trigger this code are...
  • Defective Torque Converter Lockup Solenoid
  • Defective Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor
  • Defective Torque Converter Clutch
  • Defective Valve Body
  • Dirty transmission fluid that restricts the hydraulic passages

·
Registered
447 Posts
Others on this site have reported getting this code before having any tranny symptoms.
How old is your trans fluid? I would first try getting it flushed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you...i just took out the lockup solenoid and connected it to the battery and i heard it clicked then i measured the resistance between the two pins and it was only 6.8 ohms. All the 4 tubes were clean even the ones with screens in them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i drain and fill the ATF every 4 - 5k miles since i bought the van 20 something thousand miles ago...i even installed magnefine atf filter and a Transmission cooler.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pcm connector b (25p)

Please How do I locate the PCM CONNECTOR B (25P) on my Honda Odyssey 2004? Please, help exigently. Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts