Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a week since my first oil change (first service) and the ODY is now at 8500 Km. I'm pretty sure that there is a performance slow down. The van feels sluggish when I step on the accelerator wanting to have that burst of speed. It used to be light on the pad but after the first service, it feels like the van gained weight. Is this a timing problem?

·
Registered
342 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by odysseus:
It's been a week since my first oil change (first service) and the ODY is now at 8500 Km. I'm pretty sure that there is a performance slow down. The van feels sluggish when I step on the accelerator wanting to have that burst of speed. It used to be light on the pad but after the first service, it feels like the van gained weight. Is this a timing problem?</font>
Hi Odysseus,

I can't imagine what an oil change would have to do with this.
Have you talked to the dealer? It may just be coincidental.

One idea comes to mind though, and this is "rreeaallyy" stretching it. I've got a Honda motorcycle that takes 3.9 quarts w/filter during an oil change. I subscribe to an email list related to this bike and many have said that if you overfill the engine (like using a full 4 quarts) you will have vibration problems because the oil level is too high and gets into the crankshaft as it's spinning, causing the vibration. I'm always careful not to overfill with that last quart and have never had a problem with this but some folks are adament about it.

My point in bringing this up is my owners manual for the Ody says the engine only takes 4.6 quarts w/filter during an oil change. If a full 5 quarts were installed, it "might" be possible for this to be causing you some problems. I know this is grasping at straws, big time, and I don't really think this is the case but it's very easy to check the oil level in the engine. If it's grossly over full.....who knows?

Good luck & Drive Safe,
Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts