Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya folks,

While in driving rain from t-storm, had to open the passenger side sliding door for a couple of minutes to move luggage etc. out. The interior was wet, not soaking wet, but wet.

The following day the car buzzer would go off whenever it was put in gear. The indicator on the dash didn't show any doors being open.

I open all the doors and closed them shut. I checked the passenger side sliding door also to see if there are any elex that might have gotten wet from the rain. I couldn't find anything that resembled any elex control. I wouldn't think so since that would compromise the system in instances such as what happened. Before I closed all the doors, I depressed all of the spring loaded door sensors to make sure they are operational.

Closed all the doors, started the car, put the car in gear, buzzer gone.

Anyone else have had this problem?

Again, buzzer was coming on even though the dash indicator says all doors were closed.

Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks,
Errol

------------------
Keohi Web Design
Keohi HDTV

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I think I'd just try cleaning the door contacts first.

------------------
Chuck
'01 MB EX-NAV Pics and Projects

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 05-24-2001).]

·
Registered
35 Posts
We had that same thing happen (on a 2000 Ody). We also would have the buzzer come on while driving. No doors were open, no indicators on, just the buzz. If you hit the Close button, it would go off.

I cleaned the sensors and made sure there was nothing in the path of the doors closing. I've only had it buzz once since then.

My neighbor had a similar problem, but worse. he claimed his doors weren't actually latching. The dealer ended up replacing the motors on both sides, both the closing and latching motors. He said it hasn't done it since then.

If it is a matter of the contacts not making good connection, then it is no biggie (unless they are way out of alignment). If you think the doors aren't actually latching properly, then you dealer will have to get invloved.

descentr

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

Weird thing is that all doors were visibly closed, i.e., door panels were aligned with the rest of the body panels. This tells one that they are closed.

But like you guys said perhaps the contacts need cleaning.

In this case, how do you "clean" them?

What would cause them to be "not clean"?

Thanks,
Errol

------------------
Keohi Web Design
Keohi HDTV

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think I just used a rag and wiped over them. I didn't put a lot of effort into it, just wanted to knock loose anything that might be interefering with making a good contact.

I also cleaned the door track at the bottom just to make sure there wasn't any debris causing it not to be able to move all the way forward.

Descentr

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks descentr,

I thought the indicator senses the spring loaded switches only. Your suggestion makes it sound like the multiprong contacts are sensed as well to determine if the sliding doors are fully closed.

Could anyone with a manual service check this please?

Actually, could you pls check the sensor path to see what is part of the ckt?

Thanks,
Errol

------------------
Keohi Web Design
Keohi HDTV

·
Registered
148 Posts
As a suggestion, the contacts on these doors are greased for lubrication. I would assume the grease used is also a conductor.

I believe if you 'clean' them completely, it may cause more harm than good. One suggestion is to grease the connections with white lithium grease which will smooth the transition from the pronged to a closed position. The contact on the doors are there also only to provide electricity to the motors and also the switches.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same thing on my 99 EX over the course of the first year or so. Same deal, driving along - all doors closed (obviousely) and all door sensors syaing the same thing - then I'd hit a little bump and the buzzer would go off. I'd just hit the door close button and it would shut off (until the next bump).

The dealership cleaned and adjusted the sensors 2 or 3 times and I haven't had any more problems.

I think it's just par for the course maintenance with power doors - no matter who makes them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My buzzer started buzzing after cleaning the contacts one weekend. Hitting the close button just delays it for awhile.
I suspect that my left door is not closing all of the way because the motor draws it in and then it moves back out fractionally instead of clicking and staying shut like the right hand door.
Does anyone know how to adjust the latch so it pulls in and stays closed?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts