Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try to upgrade the headlights and signal lights my 02' to "PIAA". It seem like they have four different kind of headlights according from their web site "www.piaa.com", which one should I use? Will those brighter light bulbs mess up wiring in the long run? any experience? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 2002ody:
I try to upgrade the headlights and signal lights my 02' to "PIAA". It seem like they have four different kind of headlights according from their web site "www.piaa.com", which one should I use? Will those brighter light bulbs mess up wiring in the long run? any experience? Thanks! </font>
For the headlights,you need to replace them with H-4 bulbs.
It shouldn't mess up your electricals at all.

------------------
-ROB-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with stuff,just S-T-U-F-F)

http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

[This message has been edited by hachiroku (edited 11-23-2001).]

·
Registered
84 Posts
Been using the PIAA 15560 Super Plasma series bulbs in my 2001 Ody for about a year, with no problems. Even though they are not "DOT" approved, they give a nice beam, and pattern.

I use their regular Super White 15680's in one of my street cars, and that's a "whiter" light vs t he Super Plasma (more of a purpley light in the Ody)

don

http://www.pdm-racing.com/products/misc_parts.html

shows the different bulbs I'm talking about.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've been using Eurolite Fusion bulbs. It's significantly brighter than the oem bulbs. It has a super white beam with a slight hint of blue, not purplish. It's DOT/SAE approved. You'll definitely like these bulbs.

I chose to use these bulbs instead of PIAA because I heard these are more reliable than PIAA. I also have a friend who bought PIAA bulbs and they were blown in less than six months. I drive with the headlights on all the time and the bulbs are still working.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I gotta tell ya, all this "hiper white" and "blue" bulb stuff doesn't help you see better (unless maybe its HID). I've been using the "all weather bulbs" for years. They have a yellow cast and are absolutely amazing in fog and rain, even if they arn't the latest fad. Basically they allow a brighter bulb to not be so offensive to the eyws at night. These bulbs used to be hard to find but now even JC Whitney has 'em.

------------------
'91 Sentra SE-R
'57 Chevy Belair Sport Coupe.
If at first you don't succeed...so much for skydiving.

·
Registered
138 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ken W:
...all this "hiper white" and "blue" bulb stuff doesn't help you see better (unless maybe its HID).
</font>

If it doesn't help me see better then I hope it helps them see me better.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The problem with a lot of the blue bulbs of equal wattage is that they appear dimmer because of the blue tint added to the bulb. For this reason I'm quite satisfied with the PIAA Xtreme bulbs - very bright!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts