Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checked the BNSF website and our van was offloaded from the train at 3am. That means I get it today. Ill report back tonite after Im done drooling over it. Still curious to know where the extra A/v inputs are on the RES system.

------------------
2002 MB EXL-RES

P

·
0 Posts
LUCKY!!!

Can't wait to hear what you think (post pix if you can, too!).

Still no idea when ours comes in.

Michelle

------------------

• 1995 Civic Teal DX Coupe
  • 2002 RP Odyssey EXL-RES (soon!)
  • 1987 Blue Civic Sedan
  • 1990 Grey Chrysler LeBaron GTC Convertable
  • '86 Silver Toyota LE Van
  • 1967 Honda Dream Motorcycle

·
Registered
354 Posts
And what did they change to get 5-1/4" speakers in the rear? (you don't have to answer this today, but when you get a chance...)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UGH!!!!! Well my van is in the Honda yard south of Houston, but evidently there are still a boatload of 2001 vans to be delivered to dealers, so I cant get my hands on it. The salesman was perplexed though to find out how I knew it was even in town. Their standard line is it "takes 10 days for transit for Canada". When I told him I tracked it down here online and it only took 3, he was speechless.
Oh well-another 2 or 3 days wont kill anyone I suppose.

------------------
2002 MB EXL-RES

·
Registered
78 Posts
Argh! We were all excited to hear your feedback! Let us know as soon as you get it! We are waiting with you... ;-)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was hoping to hear about your 2002 experience tonight too. =) This just goes to further reinforce my theory that if it's too good to be true, it usually is. I'm waiting for my 2002, in Austin, as well. I'm 5th on 2002 list and just taking it easy until I get a call from my salesman. Still can't wait to read someone's first 2002 experience though ... maybe it will be a fellow Texan!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well, it's not mine, but I sat in a just-arrived red '02 at a local dealership today. If the front bumper cover weren't partially torn off it would be delivered to the lucky owner tomorrow, as I'm sure the silver one which was there will be. See my post in the general discussion forum.

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Blake, do you feel like taking some pics for us? If you help I'm in town this weekend.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Id love to take the pics-one problem-I leave town for a wedding Thursday night and still dont have the van.
Ill keep you posted-hopefully its on the truck tomorrow. My dealer must have received 10 '01 Ody's today so I tried to run their VINs to see when they came into the port in relation to mine which came in last night, but the stupid tracking tool is not working right.

------------------
2002 MB EXL-RES

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello Blake,

Which dealership did you go to in Houston ? Any contact info ? How much did you pay for it ? I am getting mine end of the month from McDavid Honda but would love to see a better deal elsewhere!

Tony

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DEAL? ha
I paid sticker, but still feel the car is a good value. (SUCKER)
The finance guy slid in the VIN etching on the glass for $250, but that was it,I saw Toyota bolt $5 to $8k worth of garbage on their Highlanders last year and couldn't stomach that, so I walked and waited. The Honda dealer has had my money since June-figured the early adopters are going to pay a slight premium. I dealt with Goodson Spring Branch Honda. Roy was my salesman-been there a long time. Before they were bought by United Auto Group(Penske)-they were the number 2 dealer in TX. Think the number one is in Dallas. The porter at Spring Branch told me they get like 30 to 50 cars in a day.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Blake, Did you get in time for your wedding trip? I'm curious as to how long it was stuck in Pearland. Mine arrived there this AM at 4:53, and I'm wondering when it might get to San Antonio. Have a good trip!

·
Registered
21 Posts
We picked up our 2002 (Silver) yesterday - I am still trying to figure out whether I like it a lot because its cool or whether I am ambivalent because its a minivan. I hate growing up!

Now to shop for the extended warranty..

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gsg:
We picked up our 2002 (Silver) yesterday - I am still trying to figure out whether I like it a lot because its cool or whether I am ambivalent because its a minivan. I hate growing up!

Now to shop for the extended warranty..
</font>
"I hate growing up!"

Where does it say we have to?

Could I ask which dealer, and did they do OK by you? I'm in Chicago, too.

Thanks,

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good."

'02 RP EX-L (on order)
'85 Prelude (that we'll keep!)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by blakeinhou:
The finance guy slid in the VIN etching on the glass for $250, but that was it,</font>
On the VIN glass etching, a couple of years ago we went through AAA and had it done for free at a local glass shop (both of our cars, five windows per car). Others may want to look into similar options instead of paying a cost like $250.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What site did you use to track it down?
What info did you need?

Steve

------------------
Steve

2002 Red Ody EX on order.

·
Registered
56 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by stevenk40:
What site did you use to track it down?
What info did you need?

Steve
</font>
Probably: www.bnsf.com

If your van has been shipped via Burlington Northern, then just enter the last 8 digits of the VIN.

·
Registered
21 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Maugham:
"I hate growing up!"

Where does it say we have to?

Could I ask which dealer, and did they do OK by you? I'm in Chicago, too.

Thanks,
</font>
I got it from Joliet Honda - the sales guy was Rod Brown - good experience overall - he delivered early and as promised. The finance guy was a little sleazy though, tried to stick me with $1400 for the extended warranty - I'll try to get that from somewhere else.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SA-No I STILL dont have the van!!! It arrive Monday in Pearland which is less than 1/2 hour away from the dealer and still no van. My guess is the floods last week in that area kept them from delivering cars so they are backed up. I have seen my dealer get several '01 vans and '02 accords this week, so I imagine that they are trying to get the ones that have been sitting around out first. The salesman says maybe Monday, but they only etch the glass on Tues and Thurs so I told him I would pick it up Monday if it shows and bring it back for the stupid VIN etching. Very frustrating to know its been here all week just sitting and also that the they rushed me to get the financing done in house since it was "so close". Oh well-good things to those who wait I guess. Hope yours gets out of Pearland quicker than mine did-1 week is ridiculous.

------------------
2002 MB EXL-RES

1 - 20 of 30 Posts