Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my Red Rock Pearl EX-L today - some observations:
- colour is growing on me, though it is still not as deep and rich as the same Chrysler shade
- the Leather smells wonderful - don't want that to go away!
- had the $235 6 cd indash installed by dealer - I like it alot - nice to have a selection without searching for CDs and crossing lanes of traffic!
- Stock stereo sounds much MUCH better than I have been led to believe here! There is a lot of room for improvement - but I was still surprised - I was expecting awful and I find it mediocre!
- Kids love it - they were jumping up and down as I brought it home. Odyssey = Big Playfort. WRONG!
- 2 kids = 2 car seats, so I picked up two large gray towels at Walmart (CDN$6 each) draped them over the seat back and across the seat surface - fits perfect. Next I poked holes for the headrest pins and put them back in position - they now hold the towels in perfect position - tucking the sides between the seat back and the armrests helps too. One more snip for seatbelt receiver and I was done. The leather is nicely protected from the monsters.
- Power is very nice and after 50k I forgot I was in a great big van and started my usual over-aggressive driving. Handling is great and visibility it excellent.
- Tint Zone in Brampton will tint the front side windows to 32% (legal) to almost match the factory tint for CDN$60. Taking it there tomorrow - done while I wait.
- after 10 minutes in the car we noticed the kids were quiet - not normal for ours - we looked back and they were each staring out their huge side windows. RES? we don't need no stinkin' RES!

·
Registered
56 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PD55:
Picked up my Red Rock Pearl EX-L today!</font>
Congratulations PD55! I gotta go get a couple large towels for my carseats this weekend!

------------------
-- Todd

'02 GG Odyssey EX-L

·
Registered
329 Posts
- Kids love it - they were jumping up and down as I brought it home. Odyssey = Big Playfort. WRONG!
</font>
My parents have a 2000 EX (we're still waiting for our 2002 to arrive). My 16 month old loves to run from front to back in their van and laughs the whole time. It's like an indoor playground!

·
Registered
7 Posts
"- had the $235 6 cd indash installed by dealer - I like it alot "

If I may ask what brand/model of changer did the dealer install ?

TheDeep

·
Registered
62 Posts
PD55,
Would you honor us with some pictures? I'd like to see some with the van not in direct sunlight. I've got another week or two before mine comes in and am dying to see the RR pearl live.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm picking up my RR 2002 today! It was built the last week of August some time and made it to NH Wednesday (9/12).

I got financing through VirtualBank. Easy process. 7.1% for 72 months. Dealer could match interest rate but I stayed with VirtualBank.

------------------
Steve

2002 Red Ody EX on order.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 6 CD Changer is the Honda accessory that usually sells for US$500-ish. The Canadian dealers are selling them for CDN$235 (thats about US$155). I'd be stupid not to!

I can try to take some pictures tomorrow - how do you post digital pics ?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
...- the Leather smells wonderful - don't want that to go away! ...</font>
Zaino Z-10 "Leather In A Bottle"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts