Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang, just got our baby, and wanted to mention some highlights:
Awesome vehicle, smells great, feels great - really nice.
Still haven't seen it in daylight!
Some minor things I've now learned:
1) spare tire in middle of floor - wierd!
2) rear driver's power door locks when you're filling up with gas (smart move)
3) Navi is nice, but seems to be choking on my New Jersey jughandles (you know, navi says go left, but to go left you have to kind of make a right turn, go around a curve to a traffic light, then go straight)
All in all, a great vehicle - worth the wait.
Was ordered 9/17/01, was built 2/14/02 in Canada, and arrived at dealership 2/20/02, took 1 day to prep, and voila (also, remember this monday was president's day - everything was closed).
I got the dealer to throw in the wheel locks (boy, do i drive a tough bargain or what?) - I went ape when they told me they did the window etchings (i didn't want to pay for it) so they didn't charge me (i think, but i got rooked on the motor vehicle fees). Also, I'm leasing this puppy for 3 years, 12k per year - cost is $495/month - sound right? (they told me the residual was 60%, i thought it should have been 63% but didn't fight it - i went nuts when i saw a $4k or so "rental charge" which, i think the nearest analogy, would be interest on the van.
Thanks for any info!
Gary

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gary:
Navi is nice, but seems to be choking on my New Jersey jughandles (you know, navi says go left, but to go left you have to kind of make a right turn, go around a curve to a traffic light, then go straight)
Gary
</font>
I've noticed this (sort of) when getting onto the freeway near my house. At one point it will say "turn LEFT/RIGHT to get onto 80 east". LEFT/RIGHT?

But after that it gets me where I'm going with no problem. Anyways, congrats on your new Ody Gary!

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
I've noticed this (sort of) when getting onto the freeway near my house. At one point it will say "turn LEFT/RIGHT to get onto 80 east". LEFT/RIGHT?

But after that it gets me where I'm going with no problem. Anyways, congrats on your new Ody Gary!

-Nestor
Hi Nestor,
These manuals are great for reading whilst on the throne...anyway, i remember reading that the nav will give you both instructions when they're right on top of each other - i imagine left is merge onto the freeway, and right is straighten out, or some other variation. I love that split screen, particularly when it shows 900 feet, etc. to the turn - nifty - before i saw that screen (hey, new, remember?) i turned about .2 miles before i was supposed to - now i at least know to wait until the thing starts yelling, "Hey, crap for brains, turn already!" - works like a charm. Would love to be able to change the voice - maybe woody woodpecker, C3P0, etc.
cheers!
gary

</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts