Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking delivery of a 2011 Odyssey EX-L RES tomorrow. What should I be checking before signing the paperwork?

I have seen paint issues and door alignment issues posted on here. Anything else other than the obvious dents/scratches etc?

Thanks!

·
Banned
728 Posts
I'd just check for damage. I usually do a road test to make sure there are no unusual noises, but have to admit on this recent purchase, just checked for body damage, handed over the cheque and drove home.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Check to make sure your window shield is not distorted.

Also, check to see if they finally fixed the issue with the ambient lighting.
Actually, I don't know if the ex-l have ambient lighting.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I looked over my van twice before leaving and missed a small cut in my bumper, panel above sliding door is not painted fully and a cap piece for the sunshade is missing.

Not that any of these would have stopped me from taking the van, dealer already said to bring it in for the paint will be fixed.

I guess I am trying to say no matter how hard you look it over you just cannot notice everything.

·
Registered
27 Posts
its an Odyssey guys, not a Bentley Brooklands

·
Registered
687 Posts
Check to make sure your window shield is not distorted.

Also, check to see if they finally fixed the issue with the ambient lighting.
Actually, I don't know if the ex-l have ambient lighting.
Ambient foot lighting only on toruing models. There are no issues with the lighting. It might not be bright enough for some people's liking, but it is not considered an issue. Some people just choose to do their own mods to make it brighter.

:rollingeyes:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Make sure there are 4 wheels and tires with enough gas in the tank to get it home:)

Seriously, Unless your dealer is a total @ss anything you find within the first few days of ownership should be taken care of without question. If you are purchasing from a dealer that does not take care of these issues find a new one to do business with and make sure you report any of these problems to Honda both in the follow-up survey and via direct communication.

Any Honda dealer we have done business with takes the surveys very seriously and have bent over backwards to make sure we have been totally satisfied and would be willing to give them only the top score.

Taking delivery of a new vehicle should not be that stressful. Enjoy the new van.

JD

·
Registered
27 Posts
Make sure there are 4 wheels and tires with enough gas in the tank to get it home:)

Seriously, Unless your dealer is a total @ss anything you find within the first few days of ownership should be taken care of without question. If you are purchasing from a dealer that does not take care of these issues find a new one to do business with and make sure you report any of these problems to Honda both in the follow-up survey and via direct communication.

Any Honda dealer we have done business with takes the surveys very seriously and have bent over backwards to make sure we have been totally satisfied and would be willing to give them only the top score.

Taking delivery of a new vehicle should not be that stressful. Enjoy the new van.

JD

Yep, this is true

1 - 9 of 9 Posts