Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered it on the 4th of February, it was done being built that week. Shipped from Ontario on 2/12 and I got my VIN that day (it decodes correctly). Arrived in Wisconsin on 2/21.

Picking it up tomorrow afternoon.

Not quite a 3 week wait. I'll follow-up to let everyone know how the delivery goes.

Scott

·
Registered
16 Posts
Scott,

Wish you luck with the new van. We just picked up our SS EX-L RES on Tuesday and love it. We waited 7 weeks for ours here in NY. Still stumbling through all the features - I'm planning on taking the owners manual for an hour or two sit down in the van this weekend so I can learn how to use all this stuff. Plenty of great advice on this site. Be sure to pick up in daylight and go over the SS paint really well. Ours was fine, but others appear to have some problems.

I have a brother in Lakeville and another in Apple Valley - are you in that area?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reynard -

Yeah, I read the whole thread about the silver paint in here. I'm picking it up at about 2:00pm, so I should be able to give it a good look-see.

I lived in Lakeville for over 5 years, lived in Apple Valley for 3 years before that. Nove I live in Rosemount which borders Apple Valley and is about 15 minutes North and East of Lakeville. Small world, eh?

Scott

·
Registered
4 Posts
Scott,

Be extra careful when looking at the paint on the SS. Went last weekend to pickup SS EX that had been on order for 3+ weeks, but decided to purchase a GG EX instead that just happened to be available. The SS paint was not acceptable, at least to me.

In order to see the cloudy/blotchy/streaky paint, the sun had to be at a right angle to the side of the van and I had to stand at a 45 degree +/- angle to the van. Problem was not visible if the sun was at my back or if the van was in the shade.

According to the dealer, this is not a defect in the paint, but is "just the way the paint looks." We looked at other silver cars on the lot and saw this effect repeatedly. In fact, my wife did not think it was unattractive. However, I just couldn't stand it so we went with another color.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can you explain what you mean by the vin decodes correctly. I will be getting my EX RP in three weeks and was told they would call me with the vin soon but what are you supposed to do with the vin once you get it?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm interested in the vin decoding too. Any info on where/how to do this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Neil

------------------
"You can call me anything, but never call me late for dinner!"

01 Nissan Frontier SE CC
02 MB EX-L RES (End of March)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FrontierOdy:
I'm interested in the vin decoding too. Any info on where/how to do this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Neil

</font>
For the initial number, 2=Canada and 5=USA. The "H" is the Onatario Plant; "B" is for the new plant in Lincoln, Alabama, USA.

For the 2002 Model year, the VIN is described on page 1-5 of the Manual:

In the format AAA BBB C D E F G HHHHHH

AAA is the Mfgr, Make, and type of vehicle. "2HJ" and "2HK" are made in Canada and "5FN" is made in Alabama
BBB is the Line, body, and engine type, and equals "RL1."
C is the body and trans type, equal to "8."
D is the Vehicle Grade (Series):
US Model
0: EXL-RES
1: VAN
5: LX
6: EX
7: EXL-NAV
9: EXL
Canada Model
5: LX
6: EX
9: EXL
E is the check digit
F "2" denotes model year 2002
G is the factory code, where "H" is Ontario, Canada, and "B" is Lincoln, Alabam, USA.
HHHHHH is the serial number, where "500001-" is a US Model and "000001-": is a Canada model

------------------
Regards,

Maugham
_ ________________________ _

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EX-L
'85 Prelude
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ Green grass stains and '01 White Laces
Rockport MW351 Brown Boots (for winter) and '00 Brown Laces<font color="#dedfdf">

[This message has been edited by Maugham (edited 02-22-2002).]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Very nice. You are a wealth of knowledge!

------------------
"You can call me anything, but never call me late for dinner!"

01 Nissan Frontier SE CC
02 MB EX-L RES (End of March)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked up the van on Saturday and everything was perfect!

Starlight Silver Paint looked great under the flourescent lights in the delivery bay and outside in the sunshine.

The 240hp is quite noticable, this thing want to get up and run (for a minivan...)!

What's not to like?

Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts