More stuff on the way...
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

[This message has been edited by ody (edited 11-04-2001).]

See less See more
G
#2 ·
Looks like ya did.

Is that a gold H on the grille?

Hate to say it, but I really like the OEM rims on our Ody.

Michelle

------------------
  • 2002 RRP EXL-RES
  • 1995 Honda Civic DX Coupe
  • 1990 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible
  • 1987 Honda Civic Sedan
  • 1986 Toyota LE Van
  • 1967 Honda Dream

#4 ·
I like those wheels! Your Ody looks like it could dance or fly.

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EXL
'85 Prelude
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ Green Grass stains and '01 White Laces w/ Frayed Tips

#5 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by poodleluvr:
Looks like ya did.

Is that a gold H on the grille?

Hate to say it, but I really like the OEM rims on our Ody.

Michelle

</font>
Never used fototime before-pretty cool!
Yes, that is a gold emblem on the grille-I need to get the grille surround plated to match. I think it will look good with the RRP color!
The stock rims are nice-but I just wanted a 17" tire/wheel combo and I liked chrome on the RRP too. By the way, these tires are fantastic-virtually NO noise at all, even on different road surfaces. Much quieter than the Symmetrys!
Thanks for the kudos, guys

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,Weathertech mats, Bug deflector, lampguards, gold emblems,
17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires
More stuff on the way...
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

#6 ·
It is almost criminal not to lower it now!

------------------
-= Darell =-
2001 Civic EX (ULEV)- currently the BIG car.
1997 EV1 (ZEV) in process - "This is NOT your father's golf cart"

G
#7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">It is almost criminal not to lower it now!</font>
Don't forget the NOS while you're at it.

Hey Ody, you can see our then one day old Ody w/ plain Jane OEMs at http://pages.ivillage.com/poodleluvr

Funny you should mention the chrome, I was just drooling in the driver's seat (amazing how that wipes off the leather so nicely!) and noticed that the only chrome in the entire van is on the steering wheel and front door handles. I think the door handles look somewhat out of place (I know they're not real chrome, but you get the idea). But I guess the alternative would be plastic, which wouldn't look too good. I've noticed in recent years that Acura has made this change, so maybe this is a byproduct of that. But the other 'lovlies' of this van more than make up for the door handles.

I can't say that I've noticed the tire noise or rattles. All the other cars make all sorts of 'car farts' and the Chrysler rattled like mad for years up until about a month ago (when it was fixed). This van is light years ahead of any of our other cars-we find it amazing that we can actually carry on a conversation without yelling over the engine/road noise. And I've found myself bracing for dips and potholes that my parents never seem to slow down for and...huh? Where'd they go? I'm in love.

Michelle

------------------
  • 2002 RRP EXL-RES
  • 1995 Honda Civic DX Coupe
  • 1990 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible
  • 1987 Honda Civic Sedan
  • 1986 Toyota LE Van
  • 1967 Honda Dream

[This message has been edited by poodleluvr (edited 11-05-2001).]

[This message has been edited by poodleluvr (edited 11-05-2001).]

#9 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 10/6Odyssey:
I bet your old EX alloys would look nice on my RRP LX !! Are you hanging on to them for resale! </font>
Actually, I am pretty sure they're sold...sorry!

Darell-It is very tempting to lower it! Doesn't look too bad with 17s and larger tires-like 18s or larger would! Really accentuates the gap when going to plus 2 or 3 configuration. Probably just leave it (for now
)
On a side note, the 17 x 7 wheels with only 40mm neg. offset are borderline with 235/55 tires. These tires are an inch taller and of course wider too than stock, and with the reduced offset and greater rim width-they are real close to the outside edge of the body. They don't "stick out" but ideally the wheels could use a bit more offset.

poodleluvr-glad to hear you got your van (finally!) Enjoy!

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
More stuff on the way...
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

#10 ·
Now you need to paint the calipers gold with VHT (very high temperature) paint!

------------------
2002 TW EX; Weathertechs; Splash; 4X Pioneer 1695's w/ Blaupunkt Casablanca head unit; Hella Supertone Horns; Hitch w/ Transmission & Power Steering Coolers; 2001 Five-spoke Alloy Wheels.
2000 Honda CBR 929 RR

#12 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sinbad:
Now you need to paint the calipers gold with VHT (very high temperature) paint!
</font>
You could also use the Foliatec brand. Specially made for calipers. Used it on my Civic.

------------------
-ROB-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with stuff,just S-T-U-F-F)

http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

#13 ·
Actually, the calipers are painted a really nice silver color, but the hubs (where the wheel bolts to) could be painted silver to match. Yeah, Foliatec is good stuff although expensive!
One thing about the rear disc brakes, it definitely looks better with an "open" wheel design than with rear drums.
Thanks again for the positive comments!

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
More stuff on the way...
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

#14 ·
VERY nice!!! Great looking wheels and the red is really nice with the chrome. The best news of all is that you do not have much tire noise. Based upon my experience with the prior A2 tires, I am really surprised. Again, really nice ride.....

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

#15 ·
Thanks Jerry! These tires bear NO resemblance to the old Dunlops, and are indeed very quiet compared to the Symmetrys. So far, so good

#16 ·
I really like the rims and tires. They are a great match for the color and the ODY body. Since you mentioned chrome...I am just putting the last of 41 pieces of chrome back on the exterior of the old (40 year old)Impala after recent paint, still have 22 chrome pieces to go into the interior for goodness' sake. There are at least two holes in the body for each of those chrome pieces clips and screws dontcha know). Styles have changed! Sure glad I didn't work on the assembly line in the 60s. My ODY and my Chevy look different but both carry seven and have about 240 HP. The ODY weighs more though! Wonder if my wife would consider a drag race!

#17 ·
Boy, these Symmetrys are the worst! I couldn't tell you the last time I had a set of tires that weren't Pirelli's. Looks like I'm going to have to change these out soon. My wife says she isn't bothered but I can't stand 'em.

Ody...Like the look! I'm thinking of getting the stock wheels chrome plated. I think that would look cool.

Anybody have any input on that. Seems I found a good local shop.

========================================
02 RP EX-L

#18 ·
So you finally got it! I assume it arrived in perfect condition?
I think the stock wheels in chrome would look great! The Dunlops were a big improvement as far as noise levels go. The handling feels better too.
FWIW- the stock tires and wheels weigh in at about 45.5 pounds. The tires and wheels I have now weigh 51 lbs. So I have no doubt slowed my Ody down slightly, but it still feels plenty strong and looks much nicer!

#19 ·
Yes, we got it in perfect condition. You can see the whole sordid story at http://www.odyclub.com/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000397.html

I did notice last night though that the drivers side door, the trailing edge (rear) isn't aligned quite flush to the power sliding door. Or maybe its the other way around. In any case, it's barely noticable. I'll get it checked out soon.

[This message has been edited by jarcher (edited 11-09-2001).]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.