1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
169 Posts
Congrats On your new van.. I have had mine for several weeks and I love It.

------------------
Odyssey 2002 Granite Green with DVD. Mudguards, and Fender flares.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ckasper:
For a minute there, I thought I was looking at my garage. I've also got a 02 SS and a white Maxima that looks the same as yours. I don't know about you but I love the Maxima as much as the Odyssey!

</font>
I've only had the Ody a week now, but the Maxima SE since Nov of 1995. I like the Maxima very much too, very smooth, quiet and fast. I've installed an Addco rear sway bar and also Courtesy front and rear strut tower braces on the Max and the result is somewhat tauter handling without sacrificing ride quality. Have you modded your Max?

-Mark

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Aardvark.

New to the board - looking for a RP EX in Urbandale... Went to Holmes but was turned off by the "attitude" of the salesguy we talked to. Located one in KC (at MSRP) and maybe one in Chicago (at $500 under)..

I hope that if I get my Ody out of town that Holmes won't be uppity about servicing it....

Pat

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice Pics. I have a Silver 2002 EX-LRES. Very happy with it. Nice pickup, quiet, and now that the cold has finally arrived in NJ my wife and I are so happy we have seat warmers! Oh, and my four kids love the DVD system.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pward76:
Hi Aardvark.

New to the board - looking for a RP EX in Urbandale... Went to Holmes but was turned off by the "attitude" of the salesguy we talked to. Located one in KC (at MSRP) and maybe one in Chicago (at $500 under)..

I hope that if I get my Ody out of town that Holmes won't be uppity about servicing it....

Pat
</font>
My deal with Holmes went like this: MSRP plus $85 admin fee. No pressure to buy options and no pressure to buy extended warrenty. Was told in early Nov that delivery of my '02 SS EX-L would take until about the end of Jan '02. Kim Cobb my sale lady called me three weeks later and said a cancelled oreder for my exact combination was available if I was ready to take it early. So about 3 months turned into 3 weeks.
Love the Ody but haven't been back to Holms for service so I can't comment. Three people I work with have Ody's too and they are all satisfied with Holmes service. Only one bought from Holmes. One from Marshalltown and the third from Iowa City dealers. MSRP is pretty standard around this area but may be changing. Holmes's RRP Demo is available but they added extras to it to encourage people to order and wait and so they can give demo's.

-Mark

------------------
'02 Ody EX-L(Mods: still considering options).
'96 Maxima SE(Mods: FSTB, RSTB, RSB, Winter Blizzaks on GXE rims).
'87 Honda mower(No mods).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pat, call up to Rudy Luthers Hopkins Honda in Hopkins, MN just outside of the twin cities. Ask to speak to Deb Johnson. (952)938-1717 she took care of us in KS and were lucky on a 2 week wait, no pressure no hassles, MSRP and got the HC warranty for what Tracey in OH sells it at. So we made the trip up north and drove it back. They would have delivered to us as well but couldn't have someone else put the first 500 miles on it. Hope this helps.

'02 TW, Mud guards, Bug shield, Weather tech mats, cargo tray, fogs, of course zaino and the boys.

·
Registered
36 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 4theboys:
Pat, call up to Rudy Luthers Hopkins Honda in Hopkins, MN just outside of the twin cities. Ask to speak to Deb Johnson. (952)938-1717 she took care of us in KS and were lucky on a 2 week wait, no pressure no hassles, MSRP and got the HC warranty for what Tracey in OH sells it at. So we made the trip up north and drove it back. They would have delivered to us as well but couldn't have someone else put the first 500 miles on it. Hope this helps.

'02 TW, Mud guards, Bug shield, Weather tech mats, cargo tray, fogs, of course zaino and the boys.
</font>
Thanks,

I've put a deposit with Frank Ancona Honda in Olathe - they tell me it's being built this week - expecting a VIN number very soon...

Pat

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats Pat, Frank A is a good dealer. We drove the Ody there but didn't want to wait the 6 weeks for a TW. So I did like you called all dealers in the surrounding 6 states and got lucky up in MN. What type of deal did you get MSRP? $875 is the price you should pay for the Honda Care extended warranty be firm on that and best of luck on the new arrival.

·
Registered
36 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 4theboys:
Congrats Pat, Frank A is a good dealer. We drove the Ody there but didn't want to wait the 6 weeks for a TW. So I did like you called all dealers in the surrounding 6 states and got lucky up in MN. What type of deal did you get MSRP? $875 is the price you should pay for the Honda Care extended warranty be firm on that and best of luck on the new arrival.</font>
Glad to hear that Ancona is a good dealer.
They matched the price on the warranty with no question. I am anxiously awaiting my VIN. I cannot imagine the frustration and anger of those whom I've read about here who have waited 4 months or more, only to have their van "vanish". I will post all the details of the experience when I get the van,

Thanks,
Pat

[This message has been edited by pward76 (edited 01-04-2002).]

·
Registered
36 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Aardvaark:
My deal with Holmes went like this: MSRP plus $85 admin fee. No pressure to buy options and no pressure to buy extended warrenty. Was told in early Nov that delivery of my '02 SS EX-L would take until about the end of Jan '02. Kim Cobb my sale lady called me three weeks later and said a cancelled oreder for my exact combination was available if I was ready to take it early. So about 3 months turned into 3 weeks.
Love the Ody but haven't been back to Holms for service so I can't comment. Three people I work with have Ody's too and they are all satisfied with Holmes service. Only one bought from Holmes. One from Marshalltown and the third from Iowa City dealers. MSRP is pretty standard around this area but may be changing. Holmes's RRP Demo is available but they added extras to it to encourage people to order and wait and so they can give demo's.

-Mark

</font>
Geez, I was re-reading this thread and realized I hadn't replied to this and I had meant to.

I saw their demo van, the kid showing it to us never offered a test drive, and his attitude was kinda crappy. (it WAS cold and close to closing time, but still...)

We went to Honda of Ames the next day and they had a RRP EX-L that they let us take out. Had all the bells and whistles. The leather seats did not measure up to the leather in my 94 GC, I would prefer that Honda make the seat not quite so flat. We are opting for the cloth seats. I liked the quiet transmission. I hate the noise that all Chrysler trannys make when downshifting to a stop. I've seen another member from Urbandale posting - mhellman, I think. I have been looking specifically for Ody's on the road, but have not seen many yet.

Pat

·
Registered
478 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pward76:

The leather seats did not measure up to the leather in my 94 GC, I would prefer that Honda make the seat not quite so flat. We are opting for the cloth seats.
Pat

</font>
One thing to consider IMO though, is that with leather you get heated seats which are very nice (even here in So. Cal!) My wife especially loves them on those cold mornings-by So. Cal standards of course

------------------
'02 RP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,Weathertech mats, lampguards, gold emblems,
17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires
"Nothing you do for children is ever wasted" G.Keillor

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tell you, Itried to get my wife to agree to the Redrock Pearl, but the Starlight SIlver is sweet. Looks better than I thought it would (not that the Redrock Pearl is bad). I was told that for re-sale, the SS is the best color....thoughts anyone??

·
Registered
36 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KT XPRS:
I tell you, Itried to get my wife to agree to the Redrock Pearl, but the Starlight SIlver is sweet. Looks better than I thought it would (not that the Redrock Pearl is bad). I was told that for re-sale, the SS is the best color....thoughts anyone??</font>
Thoughts? yeah, I happen to have a few random ones lying around..

Better resale with SS? NADA doesn't list cars by model/year/condition/color. As far as price goes, color is not an issue. Now it might be argued that SS appeals to a larger segment of the population, and therefore it would be EASIER to sell, and I can accept that.

I wonder how Honda decides how many of which color to make? (Hey Barney! I just got a great deal on a bulk buy of green paint! Let's roll 30,000 green ones off the line!)

I prefer red. I wanted red when I bought my grey 90 Caravan since it was the last one on the lot..("the red one just sold, sorry"). I wanted red when I bought the used green 94 Grand Caravan.. ("but it's got leather and a CD"). I have ordered red this time, and AS GOD AS MAH WITNESS, I WILL HAVE A RED VAN! oops.. got a tad carried away there, Sorry...

Hey, yours is SS, or MB, or GG, or whatever; and YOU like it? Well, my friend.. good on 'ya.

Happy motoring!

Pat <--- talking to self...

bet he never asks you for your thoughts again, though.

ah.. leave me alone.

[This message has been edited by pward76 (edited 01-08-2002).]

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KT XPRS:
...I was told that for re-sale, the SS is the best color....thoughts anyone??</font>
If a color is hideous then that could hurt resale, but none of the Ody colors are bad.

Any difference would be so small and would occur so far in the future I wouldn't let it dictate what I drove.

Might as well drive what you like otherwise you get stuck in 2nd and 3rd choices of color for your entire life.

·
Registered
24 Posts
actually, that's true...

SS-> silver is better for resale; it helps you since it hides swirls and scratches better than dark colours.

Also, Silver or beige don't need to be washed as often since they appear to be clean all of the time!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts