Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone share some pics of the DVD console on the RES model. I have seen lots of pictures of the screen, but none of the in-dash DVD. Can you play CDs when the DVD is playing and the headphones are being used. All I can find out from other web sites is the FM tuner can be used, but if it is the same laser optics makes sense you can't play CDs and watch DVDs.

TIA

------------------
2000 Accord SE
1999 GrandAm GT

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
The DVD drive for a RES unit is mounted well below the dashboard, perhaps 12 inches from the floor, taking the place of a pair of cupholders. Very unexciting. A slot and an eject button.

You may find some pictures at www.hondanews.com.

The head unit has its own CD slot. I believe you can play DVDs and CDs at once. There is another topic around here somewhere that goes into detail on this.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SuperDad:
I believe you can play DVDs and CDs at once.</font>
I was reading the online manual and it says that front and rear passenger can listen to different sound sources (tape, radio, CD, DVD). The DVD player can play CDs so you could have two different CDs playing in the van.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The DVD drive is separate from the main unit, and the main unit has it's own CD, so you can listen to a CD over the speakers, while playing another CD in the DVD drive through the headsets.

------------------
2002 Odyssey EX-L RES

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. This is great. I was afraid that the DVD/CD player in the RES were one in-dash unit, not two separate players. I am glad that it is two players.

Now my wife and I will not have to fight over what CDs to listen to on those long trips. I can just recline back into the captain's chair in the second row and put on "Braveheart" or "Gladiator"! (When my EX-L RES arrives that is!)

Thanks again for the posts.

------------------
2000 Accord SE
1999 GrandAm GT

·
Registered
117 Posts
One other question on this... can you add the rear (in this case underseat) CD changer to the RES Odyssey?

The Canadian dealer I talked to did not know. I did notice that it does not show as an option on the US Honda site for that model.

Cheers... Gary

------------------
2002 RRP EX-L RES - expected in April or May 2002
1998 EX-V6 Accord
1988 Si-4WS Prelude - soon to be gone

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Pretty sure you can. There isn't anything under the front seats, like the NAV unit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts