Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm new here.
I'll be looking to purchase a new family car later this year and since a van would give me boatloads of space compared to a 4 cylinder compact SUV for 1,500$ more, I told myself... why not!.

I'm interested in the base LX model but every review and documentation I find is for the EX or higher trim levels.

Is there a fellow van lover here who owns a 2011 LX model and could post a few pictures of the dash and the exterior. I'd really like to see what this car would look like without all the bells and whistles of the higher trim levels.

Even my local dealer doesn't keep a base model on hands.

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can post a picture of the dash later, but as far as the rear view camera, you've got the wrong beast my friend! Sadly not included in the LX.. not even backup sensors!

·
Banned
728 Posts
I can post a picture of the dash later, but as far as the rear view camera, you've got the wrong beast my friend! Sadly not included in the LX.. not even backup sensors!
For some reason, I thought the LX had a backup camera that displayed in the rear view mirror. I'll have to check the Canadian specs. Thanks in advance for the pictures.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I saw an LX the other day, and I was dissapointed to see the black door handles, I personally would have preferred painted door handles than a power driver seat for example.

btw, hello Mr. Montreal, I grew up in Sherbrooke :)

·
Banned
728 Posts
I saw an LX the other day, and I was dissapointed to see the black door handles, I personally would have preferred painted door handles than a power driver seat for example.

btw, hello Mr. Montreal, I grew up in Sherbrooke :)
That's why they make an EX.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I have to admit I've never paid much attention to this before, but out of curiosity, is the DX still around up there?

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have to admit I've never paid much attention to this before, but out of curiosity, is the DX still around up there?
There is no DX trim level.

Canada pretty much has the same trim levels as the US except that there is only one level of Touring - The Elite. If you decide to move up from the EX-L, in the US you have two Touring trim levels to choose from while in Canada it's an all or nothing proposition.

Also, Canada has two fewer colors - Smokey Topaz and Dark Cherry Pearl.

:(

·
Registered
786 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
For some reason, I thought the LX had a backup camera that displayed in the rear view mirror. I'll have to check the Canadian specs. Thanks in advance for the pictures.
In Canada the backup camera starts at the next level, the EX. I think in the U.S. you have to get the EX-L to get that feature.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts