Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets post pics of our new Odysseys here, if they are not completely stock, so everyone can see what various mods look like.

I bought a Modern Steel Elite and I'm having the windows tinted dark today, and then next week I'll have the door visors and the chrome roof rack and cross bars installed. I'll post pics as things are done.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Lets post pics of our new Odysseys here, if they are not completely stock, so everyone can see what various mods look like.

I bought a Modern Steel Elite and I'm having the windows tinted dark today, and then next week I'll have the door visors and the chrome roof rack and cross bars installed. I'll post pics as things are done.
I'm interested on the Chrome roof rack, please do post the picture. ARe you planning to do this or the dealer? If so, please keep us posted and pictuers of the install on the roof rack.

·
Registered
151 Posts

Status? Pics? Chrome rails?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the OEM hitch and door visors installed yesterday. As stated in other threads, chrome roof rails and cross bars are not yet available. Hopefully they will come available in the next few weeks. Also installed a photodon MXH screen protector for the center console display, found via this thread:
http://www.odyclub.com/forums/81-2018-odyssey/304538-screen-protector-2.html

Hitch looks good IMO. I like the door visors. They do not stick out very far off of the door. Today I will test at highway speed with the windows in various positions to see how the wind noise is.

Screen protector works great. I did not get to see it in bright light yet, but even on an overcast day the glare reduction was evident, and the finger print reduction was substantial. If I smeared my finder around the screen, it would definitely smudge. But if I only tapped various areas, nothing was left behind.

2017-08-24 08.31.55.jpg 2017-08-24 08.31.44.jpg 2017-08-24 08.31.55.jpg 2017-08-24 08.29.57 HDR.jpg 2017-08-24 08.29.35.jpg 2017-08-24 08.29.17.jpg 2017-08-24 08.30.04.jpg 2017-08-24 08.30.12.jpg 2017-08-24 08.30.15 HDR.jpg 2017-08-24 08.31.15.jpg 2017-08-24 08.31.44.jpg 2017-08-24 08.28.17.jpg

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nice, I already had my splash guards and side molding installed. Ordered the phottdon screen protectors antifinger prints, thanks for the link.

Let us know how the door visors work for you driving in the highway and if it's worth the price.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I picked up my black elite a couple of weeks ago. Thinking about painting the calipers red. Itll look good through the black 19" rims. Anyone thinking of doing this too? Will update with pics when done.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice, I already had my splash guards and side molding installed. Ordered the phottdon screen protectors antifinger prints, thanks for the link.

Let us know how the door visors work for you driving in the highway and if it's worth the price.
What color are your splash guards? body color or black/dark gray.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got the OEM hitch and door visors installed yesterday. As stated in other threads, chrome roof rails and cross bars are not yet available. Hopefully they will come available in the next few weeks. Also installed a photodon MXH screen protector for the center console display, found via this thread:
http://www.odyclub.com/forums/81-2018-odyssey/304538-screen-protector-2.html

Hitch looks good IMO. I like the door visors. They do not stick out very far off of the door. Today I will test at highway speed with the windows in various positions to see how the wind noise is.

Screen protector works great. I did not get to see it in bright light yet, but even on an overcast day the glare reduction was evident, and the finger print reduction was substantial. If I smeared my finder around the screen, it would definitely smudge. But if I only tapped various areas, nothing was left behind.

View attachment 115009 View attachment 115017 View attachment 115009 View attachment 115073 View attachment 115065 View attachment 115057 View attachment 115049 View attachment 115041 View attachment 115033 View attachment 115025 View attachment 115017 View attachment 115081
Looks Awesome!! How much did you pay for your trailer hitch with installation?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Here's my $1500 mod. Full front end Suntek custom clear bra wrap. This is not a precut template wrap. Full bumper, lights, emblem/trims, full hood, side mirrors, door cups, and half fenders. This is one mod where you do not want to see. The only line that is visible is the fender since I opted not to do the full fender. Last pic shows the cutoff on the fender. You can kind of see a bit of the lines in the garnish pic. Overall im vert happy and impressed by the shop's work. They generally do exotics like GTRs, Ferraris, Lambos.. etc. but mine is the 3rd 2018 Odyssey that they've done.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nice, you are such a balluer. I had a shop that was going to do full hood,front,fendres, side mirrors and doors for $900 here using Expal stuff self heal. I think I'll just risk it and save $900 since I don't really drive highway at night as much as I would be.

The only thing that bothers me is I can't wax the front and will it keep it like new within the next 1-2 years? How is washing it work?

Here's my $1500 mod. Full front end Suntek custom clear bra wrap. This is not a precut template wrap. Full bumper, lights, emblem/trims, full hood, side mirrors, door cups, and half fenders. This is one mod where you do not want to see. The only line that is visible is the fender since I opted not to do the full fender. Last pic shows the cutoff on the fender. You can kind of see a bit of the lines in the garnish pic. Overall im vert happy and impressed by the shop's work. They generally do exotics like GTRs, Ferraris, Lambos.. etc. but mine is the 3rd 2018 Odyssey that they've done.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wasting of Money

Paint protection is clearly wasting of money if it cost 1000$ or so.
I know that if you have your brand new car that you going to keep maximum 10 year for 99% case. in that many year paint will be stay good. i am also wondering what happen if that paint protection start peeling off and getting yellowish!
batter you get $1000 lower at time of selling it so it would sale fast :)
:DD

·
Registered
273 Posts
Paint protection is clearly wasting of money if it cost 1000$ or so.
I know that if you have your brand new car that you going to keep maximum 10 year for 99% case. in that many year paint will be stay good. i am also wondering what happen if that paint protection start peeling off and getting yellowish!
batter you get $1000 lower at time of selling it so it would sale fast :)
:DD
I respectfully and completely disagree with your assessment. What you are saying could possibly hold true to Cquartz or other types of ceramic paint protection coating, but again that's a matter of opinion and the level of protection you want for your cars. Clear bras are definitely worth the investiment and have clear measurables of their protection results. The difference between a car that has it vs one that doesn't on the front end is distinctly visible. Any driving above 40mph will subject your car's front end to road debris, rock chips, and bug gut stains. I guarantee that after a few years without one a car's front end will be pitted by small impact marks. Paint will not stay good compared to the rest of the car. As for the yellowing and peeling, you're speaking from materials that were on the market 10+ years ago. That a very common misconception about gettinf clear bra materials like suntek. So many people who get their cars clear bra'ed tend to think it works like a Ronco dehydration machine. Once you set it you just forget about it. They don't take care of their paint, they don't wash their cars properly, they don't do the necessary maintenance on the film, and they don't follow the care instructions on what you can and cannot apply to it. If you follow the care it'll be just fine for many years. I'm the type that use a foam cannon, micro fibers, and the 3 bucket method. I will also do paint correction when needed. You will also never see any of my cars parked outside of a corner spot. People value different things and you're the type that don't care for clear bras or is okay with running your car through a car wash then that's your prerogative. It doesn't mean that it's a waste of money for those who care.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi chrisleduc1, Can you tell me what this one for? I am wondering if this is the sensor for the power tail gate. I have EX-L with OEM hitch but I do not see this on my car.

ody.jpg

·
Registered
273 Posts
Nice, you are such a balluer. I had a shop that was going to do full hood,front,fendres, side mirrors and doors for $900 here using Expal stuff self heal. I think I'll just risk it and save $900 since I don't really drive highway at night as much as I would be.

The only thing that bothers me is I can't wax the front and will it keep it like new within the next 1-2 years? How is washing it work?

I had a choice between Suntek and Xpel. I went with Suntek because it would seem that many people prefer it over Xpel and I have it on my Lexus and have been very happy with it. I couldn't find a custom wrap (Where they use 1 large sheet and work it down on your car) for under $1000. Most that were in the $700-900 range were for mobile or precut template wraps. Those will leave lines and coverage gaps. If you can get a custom wrap for under $1000 then that's a good deal for at least where I live.

As for care I'm not sure about Xpel but my Suntek care sheet specifically says that I can and should wax the material as I would the paint. They do not want you to use any sort of hard coating and buffering should be avoided. My installer did say that if you do need to polish and buffer try and do very light compound and cutting pads and don't go against the film edges in any way. However he's still not an advocate of it.

1 - 20 of 217 Posts
About this Discussion
216 Replies
82 Participants
Novalight
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing