Honda Odyssey Forum banner

41 - 60 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is not a step by step guide to install roof rails, but a few picture pointers that I hope will help the next DIYer.

I used this converter to get my measurements so I could lay out the cuts with a tape measure. https://www.inchcalculator.com/inch-fraction-calculator/

Next step was to convert ALL the measurements at one time and write them down on the Honda instructions so it will be easy to follow. You can also tape and label the parts if this will help.

Use masking tape and make your measurement so you will be able to line up both marks again on the center piece of the roof trim with the body mark.
20170908_094559.jpg

Removing the roof trim, I used a set of trim panel removal tools that I already had from Crutchfield and a rag to pry against the paint.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_126CR3NGL/Bojo-Trim-Panel-Tools.html?tp=990&awkw=75640961545&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=47642104705&awdv=c&awug=9028312
20170908_110220.jpg 20170908_110333.jpg 20170908_094654.jpg

If you want, do like I did and put the roof rail brackets on, measure between them to be sure they will fit under the brackets.

Now for the ugly cutting :laugh: I'm sure there is a tool/blade out there that will do a better job, but at the time, a jig saw is all I had. I have used an abrasive chop saw to cut Ultratite Liquidtite Flex conduit and it works great with that. I just wish I had one! I did find it is better with the jigsaw, to cut only half way through the trim, then start from the opposite side and cut toward the middle to complete the cut.

20170908_111844.jpg

The cut trim pieces in place.

20170908_112546.jpg

If you plan on putting the crossbars on now, please take out these screws BEFORE you mount the roof rails. It will save you the headache of standing on your head to take 'em out.
20170908_113733.jpg

Roof rails and crossbars

20170908_115944.jpg

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Cargo Liner and Cargo Tray will be delivered next week and I'll upload some pics and comments then.

08P42-THR-100 | Honda Cargo Liner (Odyssey) - Bernardi Parts

08U45-THR-100A | Honda Cargo Tray (Odyssey) - Bernardi Parts

I would love to see pictures of the Cargo Liner Installed. From the instructions it looks like you have to add some mounting grommets. Did you do this yourself or have a dealer do it?

Also how easy is it to fold and store in the van?
Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Chrome Roof Rails and Door garnish

IMG_6852.jpg

I installed Chrome Roof Rails ($414 from CollegeHillsHonda.com) and Chrome Lower Door Garnish ($246 from CollegeHillsHonda.com)

I moved from a 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring which came with the roof rails. Was debating over Chrome verses the Black.

I felt that in the 2018 Odyssey the chrome trim was reduced to the bottom of the window line. With a darker color some chrome on the top would add to the glow of the car. Same was my thought process with the lower door garnish.

Let me know your opinions. I am liking it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
View attachment 120786

I installed Chrome Roof Rails ($414 from CollegeHillsHonda.com) and Chrome Lower Door Garnish ($246 from CollegeHillsHonda.com)

I moved from a 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring which came with the roof rails. Was debating over Chrome verses the Black.

I felt that in the 2018 Odyssey the chrome trim was reduced to the bottom of the window line. With a darker color some chrome on the top would add to the glow of the car. Same was my thought process with the lower door garnish.

Awesome ride! The deep scarlet and chrome look great!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Some different wheels. Window visor. Interior lights . Some dashcam And a universal trim spoiler that hardly noticeable lol. Not much aftermarket support right now .

View attachment 119514
View attachment 119522
View attachment 119530
View attachment 119538
View attachment 119546
What front/rear camera is that and why did you go with that system?

I swear we we are related. First the Supra, then the Odyssey, now corner parking. My wife goes nuts when I'm driving around looking for a corner spot, or on the end, so I can park as close to the edge as possible, leaving as much space between the car next to us as possible.
LOL car obsession and OCD tendencies seem to affect people the same way. Me personally nothing ruins my day than somebody putting their door into yours. It really is a sign of total disrespect for other people's things that they worked hard for. I won't even park next to someone if the spot is sloped. It's just another opportunity for someone to let go of their doors and let gravity punch a dent into your car. I have made my family hikes across parking lots or have them dropped off first before I would park in a bad spot. My wife use to think I'm crazy, but she has stopped fighting me. I told her if you don't care then you can drive a throw away car like a Hyundai. If you want nice things then I expect them to be kept nice. There are so many beat up minivans around town. Every time I see one, even the late models, I'll say, "See that? That's what your odyssey will look like if you don't take care of it."

View attachment 120786

I really like the chrome rails. I think it works very well on darker colors that give it more contrast. I've been on the fence regarding the lower chrome door garnish. After seeing your picture I like it very much. Your car is the first that I've seen with both chrome rails and garnish.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Anyone get quotes on powder coating the chrome? I’m thinking about either painting it to match the car color or powder coating it flat black for contrast. I’m not a fan of chrome.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would love to see pictures of the Cargo Liner Installed. From the instructions it looks like you have to add some mounting grommets. Did you do this yourself or have a dealer do it?

Also how easy is it to fold and store in the van?
Thanks!
I’ve been trying to figure this out too. The picture I have seen wherever it is on sale just shows what looks like one piece laying in the back. Looks pretty useful to me.

The instructions make it look like multiple pieces, shows you drilling holes in the rear side panels etc. I’m not willing to do that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
[iurl="http://www.odyclub.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126714&stc=1&d=1516056407"]
[/iurl]
[iurl="http://www.odyclub.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126722&stc=1&d=1516056430"]
[/iurl][iurl="http://www.odyclub.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126730&stc=1&d=1516056441"]
[/iurl]
You have my attention. What is going on here ?

I am interested in learning about any performance mods that might be available. Not so much the cosmetic mods
Is there a chip that adds 200hp? :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Air Runner air bags with Air Lift Management system on 20" Leon Hardiritt wheels.

You have my attention. What is going on here ?

I am interested in learning about any performance mods that might be available. Not so much the cosmetic mods
Is there a chip that adds 200hp? :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice Wheels. What are the specs for the wheels...20x?? and the offset? Size tires? Also since you have air bags...do you have a picture with the wheels on stock height?

·
Registered
23 Posts
So these fit

Wheels are Acura MDX Advance 20X8.5 ET55. Tires are Pirelli Scorpion Verde 245/50r20 (stock Acura size). The closest point for tire clearance is around the trailing arm for the rear suspension, but these still have about a finger width of clearance.
IMG_20180117_103742.jpg

I also used VDO TPMS sensors PN SE55915, and the car detected them in the drive around the parking lot at the tire place, no additional calibration required.

I like the OEM look, and these aren't super common on MDX's.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice Wheels. What are the specs for the wheels...20x?? and the offset? Size tires? Also since you have air bags...do you have a picture with the wheels on stock height?
20x10.5 38et with 255/40/20 tires. I dont have a pic at stock height

41 - 60 of 217 Posts
About this Discussion
216 Replies
82 Participants
Novalight
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing