Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Wookie and Bailey are great!

Do the trim pieces on the dash meet in the horizontal crease? Some do and some don't.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jim: They do on the left side of the dash next to the driver's door. They don't to the right of the steering wheel above the radio. I wondered why when I first looked at it, and decided that they believed a trim line there would break up continuity.
The picture really doesn't show the issue, being two dimensional. The top piece of trim around the centre vents curls and stops at the horizontal line of the dash.
I can see the point of not continuing the line, and decided not to debate it with the company because of the quality of the product and the obvious thought which had gone into it.
PS- The guard bichons really love the van. It was good of Honda to design a sleeping platform with a den underneath for them...and call it a folding tray!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Bill,

Wow, that looks sharp. I'll have to keep that in mind for my RP van too. OK to copy?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
02 RP EX-L coming soon

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Absolutely. Watch their website for 20% discount and free shipping. Sometimes they have both. Also, as I understand it, real wood kits are known as flat kits, and cannot mould to plastic contours the way plastiwood does. Thus they do not really look 'factory'. On the other hand, because of the complexity and variation of the natural graining or burling, they look very deep and lustrous, and much better than 'factory', to my bias.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think this is about the 8462321 times I've posted about the same topic since a new thread about wood dash kits comes up almost every day.

Anyway I have a real Exotic burl kit from Wood Dash Factory. It retails for $399 on their web site but there might be times where they have sales.

I have pics in my folder in the gallery section and feel free to check it out for comparison.

·
Registered
58 Posts
"Anyway I have a real Exotic burl kit from Wood Dash Factory"

How do you like your kit? They appear to offer the exact same kits as Joshua Tree but they are much much cheaper.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The kits certainly look similar. The rosewood 25 piece kit at Joshua Tree is $301. (20% off) Shipping is free at the moment. The Wood Dash Factory 25 piece rosewood kit is $351. plus $10. shipping.

·
Registered
251 Posts
texneus, I love my exotic burl. Every piece is nicely cut and the wood pattern are very nice. I perfer Wood Dash Factory better because they have the exotic burl pattern, the colour is a dark brown with a slightest hint of red mixed in. It was exectly what I was looking for.

Wood Dash Factory's kits are not cheap however. The prices are about the same depending on when you check the two sites. You might have saw their synthetic kits that's why the prices was lower. My exotic burl prices is $399 on their web site. But I got it for $121 on Ebay

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
58 Posts
"The prices are about the same depending on when you check the two sites. You might have saw their synthetic kits that's why the prices was lower"

I don't see any synthetic kits on Wood Dash Factory, and they most certainly are significantly cheaper than Joshua Tree's 20% off price, at least for the kits I want in "Real Brazillian Rosewood":

Odyssey 9 pc kit $155.44 vs 209.69
Odyssey upper console $39.53 vs !!158.49!!

Since you're happy I think this is the way I'll go.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ohhh, I see why there's a price difference, I was talking about the full kit (which is the one I have) while you were talking about buying them in smaller packages.

Check the shadowsheets of the full kit to see the pieces that is not included in the reduce kit here:
http://www.wooddashfactory.com/pages/orders/dashdetail.cfm?partno=HNOS9F-1

P.S. I just found out that they have raise their prices by $10 since I last checked... and their full synthetic kit is $299.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts