Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to installing 20x8 Pilot take offs with 255/45/20 Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 tires. Ride is awesome, looks great. As they say, OEM+ is always a solid choice. They look and drive like they should have been a choice from the factory!

For those who were wondering, 255/45 is plenty of sidewall and in my opinion I feel the road a little better without sacrificing the ride quality.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The van gain any ground clearance?
Not that I noticed. Same height to get in and out. Plus according to the online tire comparison calculators the overall diameter is less than half a percent differet between stock and this one, so the ground clearance should stay the same.
But you do get stiffer sidewall and wider tire for better handling and road feel and that feels great!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you lose 0.1 inch lol
LOL. Yup. If you go with exact same manufacturer and model and just change the size. Sometimes going with the same size from different manufacturer will be more different in size than that. Usually it's the width they cheat, but you never know, lol.

"Tires from each manufacturer have small variances in diameter and width from one another. In most cases the calculated dimensions will be very close, but this is why we provide a list of tires that are manufactured in each size."

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Edited the title. Also ended up installing Thule Motion XT XL rooftop box on. The family hauler is complete! ?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love the look of the wheels! Does your van fit inside the garage with the cargo box on top?
Yes. Garage door is 7'-10" and the van with the box is just under 7'-3". ??
Although the van usually stays outside anyways. We drive it too often to bother. But if I need to pull it in - we definitely can.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks great! Where did you get the Pilot wheels? And what do you do with the ones your van came with?
Thank you!
I bought them as take offs from local Honda dealer when I was visiting their service and parts department. I had tires that fit the wheels and same diameter as the stock wheels, so I had them installed.
We are keeping factory wheels on the shelf in the garage for the time being. Will most likely use them for dedicated winter tire setup.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your looks fantastic in white. I did the same setup on mine:

the tire size I went with is 245/50/20, no issues. Lots of room in those wheel wells

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Your looks fantastic in white. I did the same setup on mine:
View attachment 154921
the tire size I went with is 245/50/20, no issues. Lots of room in those wheel wells
Yours looks great as well! ? I considered that color, but wife insisted on white since the last few vans we had were dark and I'm glad she did! It looks great, cool on warm days and so much easier to keep clean! ?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Very nice! I love the look.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice! Someone in my area is selling some Pilot wheels on Craigslist. What's a good price? Mind sharing what you paid?
I don't mind sharing, but @KYRGYZ is right, that deal will be hard to beat. One was curbed at the edge, but still straight and true, the rest were pretty much perfect. New service manager cleared out everything the old one was stashing for super low prices. I got the whole set for $200 plus tax.
Then a few months later when I went to install them - I realized each wheel box also had a brand new OEM TPMS sensor in it, which are usually $68 each at the dealer and $35 each online.
It really was a great deal! ?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts