Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen anyone who's posted pics of the Pioneer TS-A1655s and TS-A1086s yet.

I just installed mine, took about 30min. Got them at Crutchfield with free wiring harnesses. Makes life easy.

Click the link in my sig to see pics.

------------------
'01 DEP EX in Fairview Park, Ohio
Click here for pics.

[This message has been edited by perlguy9 (edited 06-21-2001).]

·
Registered
255 Posts
I just finished installing the same speakers front and rear, perlguy! I bought the speakers and 4" baffles for the rear from Autotoys - went to Best Buy and picked up the speaker harnesses. I clipped off the speaker-end connectors from the new harnesses and soldered the bare wires to the new speakers - makes for a sturdy connection, and if I ever want to go back to stock (??) I can then just disconnect the aftermarker harness, put the factory speakers back in, and clip on the factory harness just like it came. I think it makes a nice difference in the audio; I'm not enough of an audiophile that I need to replace the head unit or even add a subwoofer. Sounds great to me as it is now.

------------------
David
'01 GG EX-NAVI
Classic Soft Trim leather kit; Audiovox entertainment system; Gentex auto dimming compass/temp rear view mirror; Pioneer speakers front & rear; splash guards; cargo tray; power door mods; Helm manual; Honda litter bag.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm. That's a good idea. Perhaps when it stops raining I'll go pull them and solder directly to the speakers as well.

Less wire hanging around back there to foul the windows.

------------------
Click here for pics.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Excellent job and great photo documentation of it! What do you think of the sound, both front and rear?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Excellent job and great photo documentation of it! What do you think of the sound, both front and rear?
</font>
The 1655s in the front are most certainly worlds better than the factory speakers.

The 1086s in back are better, but they're still small. They're about as good as I think I could expect from a 4" speaker.

------------------
Click here for pics.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I also installed the Pioneer 1655 and 1086's this weekend. I actually had them waiting when I got my van. I guess I got anxious reading all the information on the message boards.

My opinion is the 1655's in the front sound better from every aspect. The high's and mid range sounds are much more clear. The low end seemed much smoother and not as boxy.

The 1086's in the back were also an improvement. Once again the high's and mid range sounds were much more clear. I actually could not tell that much difference in the low end from these. I guess you can't expect much low end from a 4" speaker.
I remember toyman said to get the XTC baffles for the back to improve bass. I don't have those; maybe they would help.

Overall, I thought the improvement in sound was well worth it. It doesn't turn it into a completely wonderful sounding system, but it does make it much more enjoyable to listen to.

Travis

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks again guys for the GREAT job on the photo documentation on the install. Chuck and a few others did same for other brand speakers. I am getting up the confidence (thanks to you) to put em in myself. BTW, Etronics.com has both sets F/R for $100. complete without harness adapters. Seems like a killer price and I did buy something from them before with good results. Crutchfield is $100 for front only (out of stock too).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Thanks again guys for the GREAT job on the photo documentation on the install. Chuck and a few others did same for other brand speakers. I am getting up the confidence (thanks to you) to put em in myself. BTW, Etronics.com has both sets F/R for $100. complete without harness adapters. Seems like a killer price and I did buy something from them before with good results. Crutchfield is $100 for front only (out of stock too).
</font>
It seems to me, without checking, that the 1655s were like $79 and the 1086s cheaper than that.

Much to my suprise, they showed up the very next day.

------------------
Click here for pics.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Etronics offers $49 Front/$49. rear. No adapters tho'.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a pretty good deal. I was short on patience, and I've dealt with Crutchfield before, so I just went with the impulse.

------------------
Click here for pics.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice Teeth Perlguy! Now I see how you got your name.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well. We were deciding if we should give an extra incentive for people on this forum. We already set up a discount coupon for free shipping over $100.00

We had it since we started to advertise here and this was negotiated with the forum webmasters.

Strangely enough, many of you people FOUND the coupon (which is not listed anywhere) except if you searched under Honda-Odyssey at http://store.autotoys.com and used it (!!)

So, we'll make it available to the public.

Here is the link

http://store.autotoys.com/cgi-bin/wfp53024.storefront/EN/Product/FREESHIPHO

Register, bookmark it and when you are ready to purchase, bring it out of your wishlish bookmarks by simply clicking on add to basket.

Thank you for your support.

------------------

Here to help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts