Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. My name is jim and i am new at this forum. I have a problem with my 2004 odyssey that i am hoping someone can help me with.
Inside of the left front bumper, above the bottom splash guard is a plastic box mounted to the wall separating the engine compartment. It looks like the plastic box is mounted with 2 bolts through plastic eyelets that are part of the top of the box. The box may have plastic duct work to it, it is hard to see. The front plastic eyelet attaching the box to the firewall has broken and the box dropped down, pushing the bottom splash guard out from under the bumper. I was able to push the splash guard back in and secure it with screws to the bumper. My fear is the other eyelet attaching the plastic box will break and the box will fall completely off or it will bounce while driving and break through the bottom splash guard. Anyone know what the plastic box is? I can't get to the box from above because of the headlight and other plastic shielding. I can take apart the bottom splash guard but i'm not sure how to secure the box since the broken mounting eyelet is part of the box. If I need to replace the box i need to know what it is. Any suggestions? thanks for the help, jim

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
It sounds like #5 in this diagram - the air intake resonator chamber.

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts