Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there are any modifications that make it is possible to play videos (DVD, VCR, etc.) directly from the Navigational system's screen?

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bigwillystyle:
Does anyone know if there are any modifications that make it is possible to play videos (DVD, VCR, etc.) directly from the Navigational system's screen?</font>
The mod called "VIDEONAVI" allows the navigation screen to accept regular video signals from VCRs, DVDs, Playstation, etc.

For more info check out:
http://www.odyclub.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000130.html

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
585 Posts
And on that note, I'm borrowing a friends camera to do an illustrated 'step-by-step' on the whole process since it involves more electronic shenanigans than most other mods.

·
Registered
255 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nyvram:
And on that note, I'm borrowing a friends camera to do an illustrated 'step-by-step' on the whole process since it involves more electronic shenanigans than most other mods.</font>
That would be *great*, Marvyn - I'm pretty good with a soldering gun, but I've never attempted anything like the videonavi conversion. I think I could do it with some pictures, though. (How about putting out a book - "Video On My Navi For Dummies"?)

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by groupset:
That would be *great*, Marvyn - I'm pretty good with a soldering gun, but I've never attempted anything like the videonavi conversion. I think I could do it with some pictures, though. (How about putting out a book - "Video On My Navi For Dummies"?)

</font>
I could also take some pics of my current setup. What areas of the mod would you like to see or know?

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I could also take some pics of my current setup. What areas of the mod would you like to see or know?</font>
The part where you explain it to your wife and she doesn't go ballistic.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by adam1991:
The part where you explain it to your wife and she doesn't go ballistic.</font>
Ahhh Adam, and there's the rub! Nestor is one of the few among us without a ball and ch.. uh, I mean loving wife. Kinda explains how he had the time to do the EX-to-Navi conversion!!!

It's either that, or Nestor is just the god of mod.... OK, I retract my comment..... he is the god of mod, that's all!!!

p.s.- I was kidding about the ball and ch.. comment.. (as my wife peeks over my shoulder)

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

1 - 9 of 9 Posts