Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was using a FM transmitter until that suddenly stopped working. It wasn't thrilled with the white noise that would come through with it, but overall it was okay.

So I see that my '05 Ody NAV/RES has the AUX button and that the port is in the back. Does that mean I could get a longer 3.5mm male/male cord and bring that up front to plug into my phone for music?

·
Registered
36 Posts
AKAIK, you'll need a kit to use that port since its not just a stereo plug. On top of that, since you have the nav/res, you need to daisy chain the molex plug on the back with one of those kits, currently I'm using the GTA car kit which works well for Ipods and stereo inputs.

Chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured it out! I did a google search on the topic and came across someone called graystrickland, I think, who did what I was talking about. I rummaged through my junk bin of old cords and actually found the cord I needed to play music on the AUX setting. It has the yellow/red/white on the one side and 3.5 mm on the other, and it's long enough to run under the carpets to the front, where I place my Nook Color or Droid X2 on the flip-up center thing. As close to perfect as you can get!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts