Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have just been informed by my local Honda dealer that the xm receiver is bad on my 2011 Odyssey and they quoted 607.00 dollars plus the 125.00 diagnostic fee.
I called Honda headquarters and they said that they don’t have a recall and because they haven’t received many calls abut this issue they can’t do anything until they receive enough complaints.
I also urge you to complain thy Honda should be able to mandate how much privately owned service and dealers can charge to fix issues on THIER vehicles. Please call Honda headquarters and complain so we can be charge appropriately and have a recall on parts thy are faulty. 18009991009

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EX
1,989 Posts
I hate to burst your bubble here, but the chances that Honda will issue a recall on something as trivial as a radio antenna on a previous generation model are exceptionally remote. You can phone all you want, jump up and down, stamp your feet and hold your breath until your face turns blue and get nowhere, or you can follow the advice in this thread (which I would like to think you've already seen) and solve your own problem for about 40 bucks.

https://www.odyclub.com/threads/xm-antenna-replacement-diy-writeup-with-pics.350253/

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yep, don't expect Honda to do anything!!!!! Agree with the above post. Stay on this site, and do the "repair" and all "future" repairs yourself. It's the only way to stay ahead of the game. Ha....

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
recalls are only really done for safety related issues - the odds of Honda helping out on an 8 year old electronic part are very low.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Have you researched if the part is available second hand? Like a salvage yard, eBay, etc? My rear wide screen went out a while back and the dealer wanted two legs plus tax... I bought the entire assembly from a salvage vehicle for 200.00. Works like new. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Dear OP...get a freaking grip! No auto manufacturer can warranty the entire car forever. Things will break and you will be responsible for fixing those things if you want them fixed. As already noted, XM radio is NOT a safety concern and therefore an optional item to repair. Having no XM DOES NOT prohibit you from operating the car as intended.

Reactions: MrRangerZr1

·
Super Moderator
13,548 Posts
Please stop posting to call Honda in all your other posts in different threads. Please stay with this thread if you feel strongly about this. No point in spamming the whole forum in every XM issue thread.

Reactions: pkrface

·
Registered
365 Posts
If you get a 'no signal' on your radio screen and have tried getting Sirius to re-load it for you, to no avail, your problem is possibly the $50 'shark fin' antenna which is fairly easy to change out. My dealer quoted me $1100 to put an XM module and antenna in it. I asked my nephew who is a car audio professional and he suggested to just buy an antenna and he would put it in. I did, he did and the XM radio worked like new. After giving him $50 for the job I had $100 in this $1100 job.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello All,

I have just been informed by my local Honda dealer that the xm receiver is bad on my 2011 Odyssey and they quoted 607.00 dollars plus the 125.00 diagnostic fee.
I called Honda headquarters and they said that they don’t have a recall and because they haven’t received many calls abut this issue they can’t do anything until they receive enough complaints.
I also urge you to complain thy Honda should be able to mandate how much privately owned service and dealers can charge to fix issues on THIER vehicles. Please call Honda headquarters and complain so we can be charge appropriately and have a recall on parts thy are faulty. 18009991009
For any parts like this, including audio parts, call All Foreign Aujto Parts in Pittsburgh,
PA. I got a totally servicable 6 disk changer for my Odyssey for $30.00 plus $15.00 shipping. [sorry the post won't take the link. Google it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts