Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for LX model only( any color)here in Northern CA. and im tired of contacting dealer.If u found one pls tell me and i really really appreciate it!!! Take care all.

ASD

·
Registered
616 Posts
It is not the solution you want to hear, but you may have better luck in getting one in Southern CA. Back when the N CA Odyssey wait lists where really bad 9/2000, my dad walked on to a Honda lot in Southern CA and drove off with an LX that night (they had three on the lot).

I do not really care for the dealer but you may want to give them a call and make a rode trip
Norm Reeves Honda
18500 Studebaker Rd.
Cerritos, CA 90703-3010
(562) 809-3700

I think they are also in Orange County now, which has a lower sales tax. I also think I remember them saying they get deliveries on Wed. and Thur..

Good Luck

·
Registered
55 Posts
Go to dealers stories section and check out other's recommendations. I got mine last month from Jim Maze at Palmdale. He mention that he gets a lot of customers driving from Northern CAL. I waited just 8 days after putting my $500 deposit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Check With Yuba City Honda. There's an 800 Number... Ask for Shannon. and Let me know if it works out. I have an LX that I found on the lot... but I paid 1500 over MSRP. It's great. I got it here in Sacramento. There's another local dealer here that sells at MSRP, but its a 3 month wait.

Rob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Most dealers here is Sacramento demand $$$$ over MSRP. We were looking for an LX model and put our name on the waiting list at Mel Rapton Honda (MSRP only). The day after putting our names on the list, we located an EX-L for MSRP from Robert Ellis Honda in Yreka. It was a long drive, but it was worth it to get the vehicle for MSRP (and it was available - no wait). Mel Rapton Honda in Sacramento sells for MSRP and they will put you on the waiting list and call when vehicles come in. We were on their list for about one week before we received a call saying an LX was available (already purchased the EX-L). Received about 5 calls over 3 weeks from them regarding LX models that were available. Most people typically look for the EX models, so the LX waiting list is usually pretty short.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for helping me to find LX model, finally i got a deal from a dealer here in North CA.,dealer wants 800 over MSRP and they will pay off my current car, the problem is they put me on the waiting list,they promised me to get the ODY in a month.Is this a good deal? In case i find a better deal, can i still back out or cancel my refundable deposit?

Gracias,
Ody4MyBaby

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by alwo_2001:
Oakland honda has one. I think they are asking 28190.</font>
Is't for LX or Ex model?

Thanks though!

Ody4MyBaby

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is the e-mail.

Dear Albert,

This is Eddie Nguyen (Internet/Fleet Manager) @Honda of Oakland.This is
a courtesy e-mail to touch bases with you to see if you are still
searching for the Honda Odyssey.I currently have 3 2002 Odyssey's Available
in-stock right now for immediate sale.This is what I have available:

2-2002 Odyssey EX's (Granite Green)-$28,190.00 + fees

1-2002 Odyssey LX (Granite Green)-$25,790.00 + fees

Please contact me as soon as you can if you are still in the market for
these vehicles because they won't last.Thank you for your time and I
look forward to working with you soon.

Eddie Nguyen - Internet/Fleet Manager
Honda of Oakland
Online Services
3741 Broadway
Oakland,Ca 94611
415-317-1816 Mobile Phone

·
Registered
15 Posts
I find out Honda produce EX models MORE than LX models by popular demands, so dealers always want more price for LX models as compared to EX, probably LX is rare and hard to find than EX, anyone knows?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought LX 02 MB for 400 above MSRP plus $870 tax (at 3.2%) and fees.

Does that LX ($25,790) from Okland (Eddie Nguyen) ALREADY included CA tax figure, only fees added more?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts