Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you guys know if I can add the 8th seat to a 2005 ody LX? I did a search but didn't found this one listed here. The dealer said no. I was wondering if i can mod the van to fit the 8th seat.
thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Good question, I was about to post a plus one thread myself. :)
I know some vans have the shoulder strap mounted on the roof but I've seen plus 1's with only a "female" lap belt so I'm kind of stuck also.
I'm pretty sure I've seen some with the male and female lap belts on the plus one seat and it goes in place of the center console...For those in the know, is this correct or was I seeing things?

Lou.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I think you're seeing things, according to my newer seats. Still, more critically, I thought someone just posted this week that the LX lacks some of the floor rails. Did you search?

·
Registered
155 Posts
The LX lacks the Floor rails to snap the set onto, as well as the anchor in the roof for the retractable seatbelts.

The Touring has the Floor Rails (for the center console) but still does not have the anchor in the roof for the seatbelts.

Only the EX and EX-L offered the Plus-One seat, and I believe it was standard, not an add-on.

They eventually started offering the seat on the Touring, but I'm not sure what year that was, maybe 08 or 09?

I've read some posts here about someone that retro-fitted the seat onto an LX or Touring (don't remember which) and it did not sound like an easy job to me.

For us, the seat was a requirement so I only focused on EX and EX-L when looking for a van.

·
Registered
650 Posts
brightdog said:
They eventually started offering the seat on the Touring, but I'm not sure what year that was, maybe 08 or 09?
It started in 08 with the Touring.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks, that's a big help.
Originally we thought a 7-pass was enough but with carpooling to school this year it looks like an 8th seat would be ideal.
I'll rig something up, either the roof belt or lap belt.

Lou.

brightdog said:
The LX lacks the Floor rails to snap the set onto, as well as the anchor in the roof for the retractable seatbelts.

The Touring has the Floor Rails (for the center console) but still does not have the anchor in the roof for the seatbelts.

Only the EX and EX-L offered the Plus-One seat, and I believe it was standard, not an add-on.

I've read some posts here about someone that retro-fitted the seat onto an LX or Touring (don't remember which) and it did not sound like an easy job to me.

For us, the seat was a requirement so I only focused on EX and EX-L when looking for a van.

·
Registered
346 Posts
You're going to "rig up" an essential safety device like a lap or shoulder belt? Wouldn't an upside down milk crate be easier and just as safe? I guess you could always get the other families in your carpool to sign a disclosure acknowledgment and liability waiver, unless you plan to sacrifice your own offspring to the 8th seat.

·
Registered
112 Posts
homer's van said:
You're going to "rig up" an essential safety device like a lap or shoulder belt? Wouldn't an upside down milk crate be easier and just as safe? I guess you could always get the other families in your carpool to sign a disclosure acknowledgment and liability waiver, unless you plan to sacrifice your own offspring to the 8th seat.
Well said. My opinion is you should consult your dealer and see if its possible to add one to your vehicle as originally designed. If not, I don't think you should risk injury to a child who likely is not savvy enough to make their own call on safety.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also researching on this topic to see if I can add plus one seat to my 2010 Odyssey LX. Is there an anchor / latch in the plus one seat to secure the child seat?

·
Registered
128 Posts
No, the anchors for a safety seat are not present on the plus one seat. You would have to secure with the safety belt which was not included in the LX.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts