Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2010 EX yesterday. Have a quick question about the storage of the plus one seat...I thought the dealer told me it fits in the under the floor storage compartment. I didn't have him show me; I just took his word for it. When I got it home, I took it out (we really don't want to use it unless it's necessary) and tried to fit it all under the floor, but I can't figure out how/if it fits. Can anyone help? Thank you very much.
Steve

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just picked up a 2010 EX-L today, traded a 2006 EX-L & finding out about some tradeoffs between the years.

The plus one seat in the 2005-2007 (I believe) would collapse or fold up. Removing the seat cushion from the plus one, you could collapse it and place it and the seat cushion in the under floor storage.

I think 2008 is when the changes came in including the present 2010 models, which I am finding out all the differences today. So in the 2010's the plus one seat no longer folds up. The seat cusion comes off as before but the backrest folds down to make a storage console....which also happened in my previous 2006 model. I do not understand why Honda dropped the folding plus one seat. As for the underfloor storage it is smaller because the lazy susan I had for the 2006 does not fit in the 2010....but the plus one seat from the 2006 fits in the 2010 underfloor storage. Also in the 2010's the underfloor storage no longer has a lock on it...another disappointment.

So there is no way to put your plus one seat from your 2010 anywhere for storage in your van.

I gained some features moving up to a 2010 but also lost some features. I also suspect Honda found cost cutting ways to increase profits from 2005 to 2010 by cheapening some of the parts....window visors, b-post pillars, underhood sound matt, carpet gone from 3rd row kick panels, less cupholders, etc. Dealer told me about the gains saying there were improvements...I see losses.

·
Registered
516 Posts
i don't find the folding seat really useful, it has quite some weight and i thought it was a bit hard to stuff down in that spot.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Lazy Susan

I was able to fit the Lazy Susan from my 2006 Ody into my 2010 Ody. I wish it still had the lock too. Cost cutting...

·
Registered
778 Posts
Just think when the 2011 comes along, removing the plus one seat won't be a reasonable option since the captains chairs won't have any inner armrests. Talk about cost cutting. :(

·
Registered
516 Posts
Cntrtwnltd said:
Just think when the 2011 comes along, removing the plus one seat won't be a reasonable option since the captains chairs won't have any inner armrests. Talk about cost cutting. :(
i think that removing the inner arm rest is more to improve the 3rd seat instead of cost cutting.

i believe the under-floor storage is gone too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts