Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a 2001 odyssey ex with 136,000 from a used car dealer. the reason i bought this one was because it was a 1 owner van and it had all the service records in the glove box since new. it had the transmission replaced at 42,000 under warranty from the dealer so i thought it would be ok so i do a 3 times trans fulid change with honda atf and install a hayden trans cooler and a magnafine filter. now 3 weeks and 400 miles later i get that po740. the only thing i fell that it does is shift a little firm from 1st to 2nd does that code mean that the trans converter is no good or maybe just the solenoid is going bad any help would be great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just went on a road test and now the converter wont lock up and it slips a little before shifts also has a delay going into drive. fluid is bright pink and smells a little it got hot but its clean also the d4 is not flashing its on solid

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i checked the solenoids today and noticed that the trans shop installed the magnefine filter on the supply line with the arrow pointing the wrong way against the flow of fluid. i will be takeing the van back tomorrow for them to see their mistake. hopefully the trans is not damage.

·
Registered
6,077 Posts
Get that corrected ASAP. Should go in the return line too. Installed backwards would probably restrict some flow of ATF and the pressure relief valve would not work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
removed the filter and cut it open and it was clean as a whistle. it runs and shifts great when cold but after 10 to 15 min on the freeway it wont lock up and it starts to slip on take off and between shifts if i let it cool down for a half hour it runs good again the trans guy said he thinks its the tc. wont know for sure untill drop the trans and cut the tc open i dont think it was due to the filter being installed backwards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.