Honda Odyssey Forum banner

If you had your injectors replaced, please select the best response:

• Factory VCM active, and using Top-Tier Gasoline

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Factory VCM active, and using NON-Top-Tier Gasoline

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Disabled VCM (S-VCM, Muzzler, VCMTuner, etc), and using Top-Tier Gasoline

• Disabled VCM (S-VCM, Muzzler, VCMTuner, etc), and using NON-Top-Tier Gasoline

• Total voters
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This poll is ONLY for individuals that have had their fuel injectors replaced. I'm trying to determine if there is a link between VCM
operations, and also if quality of the gasoline could be contributing factors to the injector failures. Honda's position is its a
manufacturing particle contamination issues from its subcontractor causing these injectors to fail. I can not believe after 3 years they
still have not solved a manufacturing problem with 2019 models now failing. Its my opinion that something else is going on with these
Earth Dream direct injection engines. Could VCM operations be causing oil misting in the deactivated cylinders, which then contaminate
the injector surface which maybe collects carbon particle residue that then bakes onto the injector thus disrupting the spray pattern? I
know that's really grasping.

Please include a post with any additional information from your repair receipt. Such as: DTC codes, misfire in Bank 1 or Bank 2, misfire
in a particular cylinder.

Examples:
DTC
P0430 (front bank catalyst system efficiency below threshold [bank 2])
P030X (misfire) Where 'X" is the cylinder number
P219A (air-fuel ratio variation of cylinder [bank 1, rear bank])
P219B (air-fuel ratio variation of cylinder [bank 2, front bank])

I'm trying to determine if there is any action we can do to prevent the problem. Or is this just going to be a out of warranty money
maker for Honda?

MOD's please make this a sticky for awhile to collect data. Thank you

1 - 1 of 1 Posts