1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got the MacNeil Weathertech on my TW EX.

The main reason I got it was it didn't use those stick on posts that the Honda one uses. I really didn't feel like sticking anything to the paint.

Anyway, there are a few things I dislike about the weathertech shield.

I don't really like that white weathertech logo and phone number that is on it. Just the logo would have been fine, but the phone number... come on... do they really need that much advertising?

Also, I think the fit is not as nice as the Honda shield. You sort of have to guess and eye-ball the center. Its not really difficult, just not as easy as the Honda one that uses the existing holes.

Still, given what I know now, I would buy another one if I had to.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the OEM bug deflector and the OEM Fenderwell Trim. If you look in the galleries you can see both on erickam.

I was driving my brand new van home from AB in Kentucky to Durham, NC and did not want to get home with chips on the nose or parking lot dings on the wheel wells.

Not too concerned about the stick on posts for the noseguard.

Really dislike wheel well dings.

Seems like the nose, whatever sticks out on the side, front and rear bumpers, and anything else that can be damaged by someone elses doors pick up all of the irritating damage.

In theory we are going to keep this van for a long time.

In addition, we have a pile of 01 TW EX's in town and the nose guard helps me identify my van.

You could probably live without either add-on but I like having both of them.

Sincerely,
Eric

------------------
2001 TW EX - Trans Cooler, Bug Shield, Leather Steering Wheel Cover, Wheel Well Liners, Crossbars, Thule Evolution 1600 Luggage Carrier

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the input. I went the lazy route and I am going to have the dealer put the factory one on (189.00). I don't want to "F" the thing up or have it fall off this winter. If it is skrewed up I can take it back to them.

Thanks Again!
Ody owner to be..
3 days left :->

·
Registered
122 Posts
OEM BUG SHIELD & OEM WHEEL TRIM.
$189.00 is a good price. I trim mounts need to be fixed once a year if you live in a cold climate. This can cost $24.00 approx for the clips. This way you are coverd for 3 yr/ 36K

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have the MacNeil deflector and it is fine. It is the easiest accessory I have ever installed. You just push the mounting flanges under the hood rubber, center the deflector and screw in the self-tapping screws, which are included. Took about ten minutes, if that. Also, the price was very RIGHT vs the Honda piece.

Jerry O.
2001 GG LX

1 - 6 of 6 Posts