Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago got if I remember correctly, a P0153 error code. Upstream sensor on Bank 2 fail.
At the time I received advise on this site, which suggested I go ahead and change them all. The car is an 06 Touring with around 140k.
This van was purchased used on 2012 in showroom condition and since I am retired and not going to put a lot of miles on it, it seemed the right choice.
All sensors were replaced, PCM reset and learn procedure done.
Problem, and even though this Ody never got as much mpg's as my 99 Ody, used to get no more than 20/21 mpg but now, 16...
Any ideas what I should look for? Thank you all

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 06 Ody always gets lower gas mileage in colder weather, my tires were also under inflated , did you perform your own work or did a shop do it ? But since this occurred right after changing out the sensors you might want to have the shop double check their work.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
With the $5 Torque app and an Android phone, you can measure air-fuel ratio (around 14.7), and long and short term fuel trim. If these are OK, look for a clogged cat or dragging brakes. Use google for causes of poor mpg.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A few weeks ago got if I remember correctly, a P0153 error code. Upstream sensor on Bank 2 fail.
At the time I received advise on this site, which suggested I go ahead and change them all. The car is an 06 Touring with around 140k.
This van was purchased used on 2012 in showroom condition and since I am retired and not going to put a lot of miles on it, it seemed the right choice.
All sensors were replaced, PCM reset and learn procedure done.
Problem, and even though this Ody never got as much mpg's as my 99 Ody, used to get no more than 20/21 mpg but now, 16...
Any ideas what I should look for? Thank you all
Gas mileage on our 2010 LX dropped to 16 mpg from low 20's, Had the spark plugs replaced with Bosch Iridium plugs and noticed an immediate increase in power, mileage now mid 20's.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Well, my 06 Ody Touring gets 11.3 mpg on local roads.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk
You got a serious problem, no way you can get 11 MPG. I don't even get that worst of gas mileage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts